5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    You’ll need to change the recordname entry in the link to point to the correct image entry in the module.

You will also need to export the image into the module, so you have everything in the same module.

Look at the image entry in the module and use the FG database reference in the link - with the addition of @modulename after the database reference.

More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ets_-_Database. The “absolute module path” at the bottom of the page is an example of what you need to point to the image in the module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe,

"You’ll need to change the recordname entry in the link to point to the correct image entry in the module."

When you say this you are referring to this line correct?
    <link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00001">Iron Dagger</link>
    I thought "id-00001" was the correct way FG identifies the image, am I missing something?

Also when you say module are you referring to a data module or an adventure module i.e. the campaign folder?

I did a drag and drop of the image of the Iron Dagger inside fantasy grounds to the image folder from the right hand side of fantasy grounds.

When I then looked at my db.xml file it shows the image as "id-00001"

"Look at the image entry in the module and use the FG database reference in the link - with the addition of @modulename after the database reference."
    Here are saying to look at the db.xml file like a state just above. If I actually look at the folder, through windows explore the image has the name I gave it.

I followed that link you gave me and read it a couple of times but it looses me. I was using the "Tale of Dinor 3.5" as my example to link images. I found the images all have a unique id, like "id-00001 all the way through "id-00008" in the db.xml file. I then was following, the example there, since the images are linked to encounters and used the code there as an example.

So as I usual I am lost again.

Thanks Dep

Blog Entries
    You need to be working with an editable (not set to 'read-only') window to start with if you're doing all this in the UI. Say, an Item window, since you're talking about this Iron Dagger. The Iron Dagger image needs to already be in the Images campaign master index (the 'Images' button on the right-hand toolbar).

Click into the text area of the Item window and press Enter to create a blank line. Drag the image of the Iron Dagger out of the Images window and onto the blank line you just made. Done. That's literally all there is to it.

If you're fiddling with the XML then you need to know all the underlying recordnames and data paths, and it sounds like you'd be better off using the UI for now while you're learning.

I tl;dr'd this thread, so I didn't catch if this was for your personal home game?

Talyn

Thanks, this is a custom ruleset and data modules based on Elder Scrolls V; Skyrim. It is for my personal home game for friends, don't want to intrude on Bethsada Studios rights for Skyrim. I do believe the window for the item description is not editable through FG UI. That was what I am working on now. You can not create a line and drop the image into that window at all. I have stored my iron dagger image, in the images folder for this campaign, using the right hand tool bar button in FG.

Thanks Dep
    Last edited by Dep200; February 4th, 2018 at 17:57.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the help, I got it to work, I had to load the images into the images folder of the campaign then export that folder as a separate data module and then in the recordname line after "id-00001" I added the @TES Images, the name of the data module I stored the image in; now it works as I wanted it.

As always all, thank you for all you help and patience.

Dpe200

Blog Entries
    If the item is read-only, you make a copy of it (drag it back into the Items window, or into its own (or the New) group in the group drop menu). Then you can edit the text. There is never a need to export images into their own modules to do any of this.

Also you don't need to be fiddling with the XML for an image link. Once it's done in the UI, it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dep200 View Post
    and then in the recordname line after "id-00001" I added the @TES Images, the name of the data module I stored the image in; now it works as I wanted it.
    Glad you got it working. That was what I was trying to communicate with the "absolute module path" reference to the documentation.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information