DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Hmm, I thought Jason Bolte was the OBS employee who is/was the Community Content Manager for the DMsGuild... So far I've been happy with what I've seen him do.
    So yes, this is not a new position. Jason just confirmed on FB that this is a replacement for him. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1977...69298793288981

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So yes, this is not a new position. Jason just confirmed on FB that this is a replacement for him. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1977...69298793288981
    Best of luck to his replacement then.

Blog Entries
    But there have been many new systems introduced since 2011 as well, and that side menu is how to find them. They have a search field with a drop down that is even faster.

But let me be more direct. They have an entire site dedicated to D&D will all the past editions there as well. It is called DMS Guild.

You want 0E, AD&D, Basic in all the flavours, 3.0, 3.5, 4 and 5e? All there. It is the official and WoTC blessed 5e site.

Want to be independent and use the SRD/OGL for your 5e material? Compete with all the rest of the systems out there. At least you can use Kickstarter.

The pay for RPG is frightfully bad. Like I make more for an hour of consulting (I am an extreme example) than most make with a solid week of work.

Charge a higher price for bigger books and higher quality and include a pdf? Get constant complaints about the book cost. See FGG kickstarters and social media comments.

And there are really good people out there that can write really exceptional books.

And lots of unwashed masses offering material for free.

I am working on my first independent release and I spent $300 on nice artwork and that was with a Thai artist. My daughter is studying art in school now and I shudder about her trying to make a living.

I think the heart of your argument is that you want to make more money. Well, I make more from OBS affiliate links than I do from the material I have for sale on the store here (and Smiteworks is about the classiest there is for paying and being professional). Creators think that the layout work for FG is not even worth paying for.

WoTC makes zero money from OGL releases. There is no way they should promote it. The SRD/OGL for 5e is a pure gift from them.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Creators think that the layout work for FG is not even worth paying for.
    I think it's more that they know there is so little money to make that they don't want to split/share what there is

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I think it's more that they know there is so little money to make that they don't want to split/share what there is
    DMs Guild forces them to have just one listing for AL content. They have absolutely nothing that tells them how many additional sales offering FG gives them so it is a sunk cost with no way to track the benefit.

Many people here do not even know about how much content is available on DMs Guild for Fantasy GroundsZ
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information