Starfinder Playlist
Page 66 of 110 First ... 1656646566676876 ... Last
    1. Create a character,
    2. Drag Ysoki race to character.
    3. Drag Robotocist theme to character
    4. Set stats
    5. Drag Mechanic class to character

ERROR
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2468: attempt to index global 'sKeyAbility' (a nil value)

Can I continue. Is this something to worry about? am I dead in the water. I am going to go out on a limb and say no I can not continue as none of the race abilities transfered over. It Stopped the moment it encountered that bug.
    Last edited by msbranin; December 12th, 2018 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    1. Create a character,
    2. Drag Ysoki race to character.
    3. Drag Robotocist theme to character
    4. Set stats
    5. Drag Mechanic class to character

ERROR
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2468: attempt to index global 'sKeyAbility' (a nil value)

Can I continue. Is this something to worry about? am I dead in the water. I am going to go out on a limb and say no I can not continue as none of the race abilities transfered over. It Stopped the moment it encountered that bug.
    Open your Library then module activation,
    Right click the Starfinder Core Rules you should see a circle icon with arrows. Click it, this will set the Core Rules Book to Defualt.
    Then unload and reload the Core rule book and try again.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Did not help I unloaded everything Only Have the core rules loaded and still get the error.
    I unloaded everything but the core then I reset the core like you said.
    I then unloaded it and reloaded it.

Create new character Choose Ysoki
    choose Scholar theme and set ability scores
    choose mechanic and error.

Database Notice: Campaign saved.

QUICK FOLLOWUP
    I created a brand new campaign with only the core rulebook gm loaded. Same Error
    Last edited by msbranin; December 12th, 2018 at 05:14.

Did not help I unloaded everything Only Have the core rules loaded and still get the error.
    I unloaded everything but the core then I reset the core like you said.
    I then unloaded it and reloaded it.

Create new character Choose Ysoki
    choose Scholar theme and set ability scores
    choose mechanic and error.

Database Notice: Campaign saved.

QUICK FOLLOWUP
    I created a brand new campaign with only the core rulebook gm loaded. Same Error
    Ok Found it....
    I have it fixed its the only class that the Key Ability statement does not say Your (stat) it starts out You rely on your (stat).
    That messed up my search to fin the key ability. So changed how it searches and the Mech is working now.

I will do a little more testing (Basically create every Class there is and Level to 20 for each) to make sure everything is working. then will see if I can geta Hot Fix pushed out.

Thanks for the Report.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Any word on getting this out? Is there a work around I can do until then? All my players have their characters finished. Only one character is dead in the water unable to create a character. not sure how to hold our session with him not having a character

Any word on getting this out? Is there a work around I can do until then? All my players have their characters finished. Only one character is dead in the water unable to create a character. not sure how to hold our session with him not having a character
    The fix is on the test server, You can
    Update your FG using the test channel
    Create a NEW Champaign
    Open it and make the Mechanic
    Race, Theme, Adjust stats, Class.
    Then export the character.

Reupdate back to Live
    Open your Campaign and import the character.
    The player can then finish rhe creation process.

The updste probably won't be till Tuesday update.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Heads up ... Drones can not be created on live or test, Same error.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2474: attempt to index global 'sKeyAbility' (a nil value)

On a plus note I got the Mechanic created using your notes above. Sorry to be a pain

Heads up ... Drones can not be created on live or test, Same error.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2474: attempt to index global 'sKeyAbility' (a nil value)

On a plus note I got the Mechanic created using your notes above. Sorry to be a pain
    First, Your not being a pain. Thank You so much for testing they system and finding issues. That's how we get things fixed.

On that note. I have fixed the Drone issue. I reworked the code for key-ability, I tested by making every class on the list including the Playtest Classes and created a new Class inside FG and it worked also.
    No more error and the PC's key ability works correct.

Again Thank you for the report

This has been requested to be pushed to test. I will update when its there.

UPDATE this in now on Test server.
    Samarex
    Last edited by Samarex; December 14th, 2018 at 22:09. Reason: Updste
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Identification does nothing?

During our game last night I dropped an unidentified item into the party inventory. It showed up as 'Unidentified Item' because it didn't have anything in the field for Non-ID Name. So far so good.
    Then one of my players said, 'Oh, it's something to do with hiding or searching.'.

I said 'What? Why do you think that?' and he said, 'because it describes the item on the 'Other' tab.'

I've now checked several items. It appears that the descriptive text on the 'Other' tab is completely available at all times regardless of the id/non-id state of the item. This can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    Identification does nothing?

During our game last night I dropped an unidentified item into the party inventory. It showed up as 'Unidentified Item' because it didn't have anything in the field for Non-ID Name. So far so good.
    Then one of my players said, 'Oh, it's something to do with hiding or searching.'.

I said 'What? Why do you think that?' and he said, 'because it describes the item on the 'Other' tab.'

I've now checked several items. It appears that the descriptive text on the 'Other' tab is completely available at all times regardless of the id/non-id state of the item. This can't be right.
    Got taken care of.
    Asked for a Test server update.

[UPDATE] This is now live and working. Other tab no longer shows text to client in item is not identified.
    Last edited by Samarex; December 22nd, 2018 at 10:02.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information