STAR TREK 2d20
Page 63 of 110 First ... 1353616263646573 ... Last
    I am sorry .. no matter what I do or drag. Healing Channel does not appear in my abilities tab

Mystic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    I am sorry .. no matter what I do or drag. Healing Channel does not appear in my abilities tab

Mystic.jpg
    Open your Connection Healer and go to other tab.
    The Connection Power Ability that appears as you level is to inform that you have a new power. The Powers are listed in your Connection
    You can actually delete the Connection Power Ability if you wish.

I did it this way to keep the list from getting so long in a small box. Those are Abilities you dont need to select from So you have them all they will just be bundled up in the 1 Ability.
    For Features that you get to select from a list those you will drag the one you select from the list to you Abilities Box I.E Your Soldier's Gear Boosts You would select 1 and DRag to sheet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Samarex; November 22nd, 2018 at 23:22.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Key Ability-With multi classing your key ability can be set to which ever is the highest bonus. So with the above you would look at Wis, Str, Dex and which ever had the highest bonus set you Key Ability in the Abilities editor to that.
    Cinnection-If you Open your Class record and go to the Special Tab you will see all the connections. Drag the 1st level version of the connection you want to youe character and your set
    You still need to be able to select which key ability the soldier goes off of for class abilities ect.

This update also looked at the difference between Class and Non-Class Key Ability.
    So now you have two areas for Key Ability
    First- You still have the Key Ability that's in the Ability Score Editor.
    It can still be changed and is used for non-class related items. I.E. Resolve Points will include this Key Ability Bonus.
    Second- In your Class editor you will now see a Key Ability named after the Class name. This is your Class Key Ability, it is not editable as it is locked to your class (Even the soldier once he selects what he wants his key ability to be at character creation it can not be changed.
    This key ability will be used for things like Spells that use Key abilities (not coded in yet but hope to get that functionality added in when I work more on the Spell system.) But anything that uses your class key ability will use this.

Multi-Class Characters-
    You can have a character that has classes with different key Abilities. The Class key abilities will be used with class abilities.
    The non Class Key Ability can be changed to use your key ability from your classes that has the larger bonus value.
    The system should still allow you to choose your soldier key ability when you multi class into it instead of locking you to Strength... Look at the next to the last line of your second quote. Class Key abilities will be used with class abilities. Does this make sense?
    Last edited by msbranin; November 23rd, 2018 at 16:22.

You still need to be able to select which key ability the soldier goes off of for class abilities ect.

The system should still allow you to choose your soldier key ability when you multi class into it instead of locking you to Strength... Look at the next to the last line of your second quote. Class Key abilities will be used with class abilities. Does this make sense?
    I will look at it as to why its not letting you select.
    The line that you say does not make sense is refering to the key ability thats in you Class editor not the one in your Ability Editor
    The Ability Editor Key ability is for RP SP and Resolve
    The one in the Class editor is for Class specific Abilities IE spells and thing like that.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

That line made sense to me. I was using that as a reference as to why there needs to be a way to select a Soldiers Key Ability especially when multi classing into soldier from another class.

The one in the Class editor is for Class specific Abilities IE spells and thing like that.
    Yep this is the one that is defaulting to STR if you multi-class. It is as if the Editor looks at the key ability and says hey this character has a key ability, So it errors out and does not let you make the choice between STR or DEX

I hope you do not take any of my post as criticism.. I absolutely love Fantasy Grounds and the Starfinder content in general.. I tried Roll20 first and even paid for a 1 one year sub for it, I then tried D20Pro. I took one look at Fantasy grounds Starfinder stuff and Subscribed immediately. I know a lot of my issues are due to me not having learned the whole system yet.
    Last edited by msbranin; November 23rd, 2018 at 22:49.

That line made sense to me. I was using that as a reference as to why there needs to be a way to select a Soldiers Key Ability especially when multi classing into soldier from another class.

Yep this is the one that is defaulting to STR if you multi-class. It is as if the Editor looks at the key ability and says hey this character has a key ability, So it errors out and does not let you make the choice between STR or DEX

I hope you do not take any of my post as criticism.. I absolutely love Fantasy Grounds and the Starfinder content in general.. I tried Roll20 first and even paid for a 1 one year sub for it, I then tried D20Pro. I took one look at Fantasy grounds Starfinder stuff and Subscribed immediately. I know a lot of my issues are due to me not having learned the whole system yet.
    Ok found it. Got it fixed and will go out with the next Ruleset update. 1.0.13

The Class Drop.jpg shows what happens when you Drop a Soldier Class in as a Second Class.
    You can see the Ability Selection Box now pops up.
    After Key ability Select.jpg is after you select it.
    I selected Dex and as you see the Key Ability changed to Dex.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Bug
    Choose mystic as a class and your key ability is Wisdom, Now choose Soldier which allows you to choose Strength or dexterity as your key ability. It will not give you the option to choose. It will force Strength on you.
    Now if you select soldier first you get to choose your key ability and then if you choose mystic second the key abilities are correct.

Also am I doing something wrong. I select mystic. I choose the healer connection. I should get healing channel as my connection power but I do not see it listed anywhere on the sheet. I see a blank entry under abilities called connection power. But no what to select it or even see what the ability is.
    And a side note.
    If the campaign was made with 1.0.11 or earlier and is now in 1.0.12 some of the Abilites on the Characters Ability Tab might need to be redraged frim the Class record to updste them to the new structure.

So if a ability shows blank text then first try replacing it from the Class record.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Forcefield Armor upgrades missing from Core rule book (Table 7-18) Pg. 206

Edit Strike that .. It is listed under item templates but No idea how to add it to a character's inventory.
    Last edited by msbranin; November 29th, 2018 at 05:05.

Forcefield Armor upgrades missing from Core rule book (Table 7-18) Pg. 206

Edit Strike that .. It is listed under item templates but No idea how to add it to a character's inventory.
    You open the Forge- take the armor you want and place it in Equipment side of the Forge. Take the Forcefield Upgrade and put it in Item Templates side.
    hit Forge Item
    You will have a new Armor with the upgrade.

Note this only put the Text into the item if there are adjustments to the armor the upgrade gives the Armor stats will need to be adjusted.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Starfinder back pack does not seem to be calculating carrying capacity correctly if at all. Wearing a starfinder backpack should treat your strength as 4 higher when calculating carrying capacity

Thread Information