FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 29 of 110 First ... 1927282930313979 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout View Post
    Didn't see these in the Known Issues thread, so:

Concealment and Total Concealment buttons do nothing (except show up in chat log); neither do CONC and TCONC effects.

0-level spells should not track how much they've been cast.

Players should see how much SP they've lost in the chat log. Currently it says "absorbed" like temp HP.

Some old Pathfinder code could use removing. Iterative attacks and concentration rolls are what I noticed. Especially replacing iterative attacks with a full attack toggle. I suppose someone might find some customized use if prepared and points spellcasting remain or might house-rule concentration back in.

Nonlethal damage should not actually be tracked separately. Only the last hit matters. Although, again, it's house-rule friendly to leave it in.

Grenades, well they're easier to use as spells right now.

It would be nice if operative weapons would default to using Dex.

I don't see any way to actually tell the system I'm making a combat maneuver roll, short of using a spell.

Thanks!
    Concealment and Total Concealment buttons do nothing (except show up in chat log); neither do CONC and TCONC effects.
    Fixed- Both will now roll Miss Chance.
    Players should see how much SP they've lost in the chat log. Currently it says "absorbed" like temp HP.

Right after your Damage Roll which shows the Total amount of Damage you received, the Damage line reports two types of SP
    1- You have 10 SP remaining. and take 9 Damage
    SP Absorbs all the damage. (Damage[0] ->[Player][ABSORBED SP])
    2- You Have 10 SP remaining and take 14 Damage
    SP Absorbs some of the damage (Damage[4] ->[Player][PARTIALLY ABSORBED SP]
    In Both cases the Damage[] is damage to your HP so simple math tells you what your SP absorbed.

It would be nice if operative weapons would default to using Dex.
    Operative

An operative can use the trick attack class feature (see page 93)
    with a weapon that has this special property. Any character can
    add her Dexterity modifier rather than her Strength modifier on
    melee attack rolls with weapons with this special property
    -Its a Choice and I guess it would depend on your class and what your ability scores are set to. Im sure Soldiers with there High Str would argue that it should default to Str.

The others I will look more into.
    Last edited by Samarex; March 11th, 2018 at 10:10.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by ragnaroc1011 View Post
    Noticed that when a Soldier hits level 3 that the Weapon Specialization bonus feat all classes get is not being added to the class. Others classes I have checked so far are automatically getting feat.
    Found it and fixed. will be in next Core Rules Update.

Thanks
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

One really minor thing, small typo in the Core Rules:
    Operative Specialization "Daredevil" has a typo in it, it reads: Daredevel.
    It's consistently wrong for each iteration (based on level).

Some more Operative issues:
    Adding an operative specialization does not add the automatic Skill Focus feats. Can't that be automated that they at least get put in the feat list?
    Currently it is necessary to manually drag the Skill Focus feats, customize them and then manually add the +3 insight bonus to the specialization skills.
    The default Operative's +1 insight bonus is not getting added to skills.

The Computers are not "correctly" done.
    The section only features Modules and Upgrades, this is "incorrect".
    Core rulebook page 215, table 7-23 should be used.
    Modules, Upgrades and Countermeasures are the categories.

Modules: Security I-IV are not modules, they are upgrades.
    Upgrades: Range I, II and III are completely missing.
    Countermeasures: Alarm, Fake shell, Feedback, Firewall, Lockout, Shock Grid 1-5, Wipe; all should be classified as Countermeasures, not Upgrades

P.S. Please let me know if you only want actual "mechanical" bugs reported. I figured I start noting everything that I catch so it can be nicely polished.
    Last edited by Curaidh; March 12th, 2018 at 20:55. Reason: Edit 3, Issues with computers

Quote Originally Posted by Curaidh View Post
    Some more Operative issues:
    Adding an operative specialization does not add the automatic Skill Focus feats. Can't that be automated that they at least get put in the feat list?
    Currently it is necessary to manually drag the Skill Focus feats, customize them and then manually add the +3 insight bonus to the specialization skills.
    The default Operative's +1 insight bonus is not getting added to skills.
    That is the way it works unfortunately. I do not believe the automation can be that specific. It is easier to do it the way you are describing as the skill focus feat is just a generalized feat you have to customize anyway. You can make permanent effects for the character (ex. Skill Focus; SKILL: 3, x, insight) but it is easier to just to put the ranks on the sheet itself.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    That is the way it works unfortunately. I do not believe the automation can be that specific. It is easier to do it the way you are describing as the skill focus feat is just a generalized feat you have to customize anyway. You can make permanent effects for the character (ex. Skill Focus; SKILL: 3, x, insight) but it is easier to just to put the ranks on the sheet itself.
    Correct.
    Also currently I have stayed away from automatically adding skill ranks for stuff. (except for the free ranks for Operatives) there are so many things that adjust skill ranks and bonuses that it would be difficult to get them ALL to automate. and I believe it would get confusing to the players as to what adjusted automatic and what did not. So I felt it better to leave the adjusting of Skill Ranks and bonuses manual.

Maybe in the future after the Core system is ironed out and working good I can look into bettering this system.

Thanks
    Russell
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

I am trying to create an Android PC who wants to add an armor upgrade to his upgrade slot on his body. I am unable to put his racial trait upgrade slot in the Forge in order to add the upgrade. Is there a different way the upgrade should be applied?
    Last edited by Mithtaken; March 13th, 2018 at 03:40. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Mithtaken View Post
    I am trying to create an Android PC who wants to add an armor upgrade to his upgrade slot on his body. I am unable to put his racial trait upgrade slot in the Forge in order to add the upgrade. Is there a different way the upgrade should be applied?
    Traits are not items so they can't be added to the forge.
    What I would do just for record keeping, for showing the DM if questioned is to open the Upgrade Slot Trait and unlock it.
    Then drag the upgrade you want to the description of the trait. (You can add a blurp to the name saying what Upgrade is in if you want)
    Then just apply what ever the Upgrade gives you to your Character.
    Attachment 22626
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Backpack weight benefits seem to calculate wrong, They look to increase your capacity by there number of strength they provide and no modify the strength score for carry. Also they should be zero weight when equipped. In the carry capacity editor changing strength items properly does the math. As my workaround I have been setting it to the value of the backpack and removing the weight from the backpack item. Also I have how backpacks work in this system.

Example 1:
    Base Strength: 10
    Capacity: 5

Industrial Backpack (+2 strength score)
    Strength for carry: 12
    Capacity: 6

Consumer Backpack (+1 strength score)
    Strength for carry: 11

Example 2:
    Base Strength: 11

Strength for carry: 13

The text for the Mechanic's "Bypass" feature reads:

"You are skilled a getting inside computer systems and electronic devices. At 1st level, you gain a +1 insight bonus to Computers and Engineering skill checks. At 5th level, every 4 levels thereafter, and at 20th level, this bonus increases by 1. At 6th level, you can spend 1 resolve point to treat a failed bluff check for clever faint as if it were a success."

It should end at "this bonus increases by 1."

The remaining text is for something else entirely.
    Last edited by merkvah; March 14th, 2018 at 04:27.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklamb View Post
    Backpack weight benefits seem to calculate wrong, They look to increase your capacity by there number of strength they provide and no modify the strength score for carry. Also they should be zero weight when equipped. In the carry capacity editor changing strength items properly does the math. As my workaround I have been setting it to the value of the backpack and removing the weight from the backpack item. Also I have how backpacks work in this system.

Example 1:
    Base Strength: 10

Strength for carry: 11

Example 2:
    Base Strength: 11

Strength for carry: 13

Hi Blacklamb,
    I am fixing this I had some numbers in the wrong spot in my math I got it corrected. I Also missed the little blurp about Backpack not counting toward bulk if it is Equipped (That is Also fixed)
    But that brought up a question in my mind on Powered Armor.
    From Powered Armor Section in the Book.
    Bulk
    A powered armor’s listed bulk refers to its bulk when it is
    picked up or carried as cargo, and it does not count toward your
    own normal carrying capacity.
    When you’re wearing powered
    armor, you use that armor’s Strength to determine your
    carrying capacity. Count everything you’re wearing, everything
    the powered armor is holding, and any armor upgrades and
    weapons mounted to the powered armor against this bulk limit.

So If I am not wearing the armor the bulk rating of the armor should add to my bulk until I equip it.

Am I correct here?
    I have set the code to Include the Bulk of the armor ONLY if you have it selected to Carry ( Not Carry and Equip will have a 0 bulk on your total.)
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information