DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 60 of 110 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last
    I have been looking into this all day, I am playing around with the Idea of a Core Rules Ref Manual and a Core Rules Data Manual.
    The data manual would not have any Reference Manual or Images. It would just be the in game data

This would reduce the memory on the player side drastically.

One Question for you Trenloe, images that are use multi-able time in the reference manual, do the get loaded into memory once or once for each time they are called?

The attachment shows some numbers to start. This is only just parsing out the Core Rule Book Data only , I had not done anything with the other books yet
    Also the Core (Ref) numbers don't include any adjustment on the images, I have found some issues with image sizes and such that can be corrected and adjusted.

But I am working on something, of course this all would require approval from the boss.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Samarex; November 7th, 2018 at 11:25.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    One Question for you Trenloe, images that are use multi-able time in the reference manual, do the get loaded into memory once or once for each time they are called?
    I've just done some testing, and each time the same image is called in a reference manual it is loaded into memory. For example: the same image file used 3 times in a reference manual #wb;image; entry is loaded into memory 3 times as soon as the module is opened on the FG player client.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The Starfinder Ruleset has been pushed to TEST. If no one reports any problems, we will push to LIVE on Tuesday. A list of updates can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ember-6th-2018

This post can be deleted. can't figure how to remove
    Last edited by shartahl; November 8th, 2018 at 23:02.

estex suit III seems to be missing from the core book lvl 7 light armor..

and are the spells for alien archive npc's going to be input at some point?
    Last edited by madman; November 11th, 2018 at 06:09.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Or at least link the spells from the core rulebook so we don't have to dig out spells, after unlocking every NPC?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    estex suit III seems to be missing from the core book lvl 7 light armor..

and are the spells for alien archive npc's going to be input at some point?
    The Estex suit III is added to the armor list.
    Will be added once the updated Core Rules book goes out. (Working on the memory issue related to the Core Manual.)

Spells- I will look as to why they did not go in. (I will fix and update).
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

The "Weaknesses" field on the NPC sheet seems to not have any coding to it; instead we have to put the weaknesses of a creature into the "Defensive Abil." line and prefix it with "weaknesses". I'm assuming this is not intended behaviour, since it renders the Weaknesses field obsolete and it makes the formatting look quite odd.

Example:
    I'm wanting to create a creature that is vulnerable to electricity. Putting "vulnerable to electricity" into the weakness field does not apply the creature's weakness when dragged into the Combat Tracker. However, typing "Weaknesses vulnerable to electricity" into the "Defensive Abil." applies the effect to the creature when dragged into the Combat Tracker. I've also tried just putting "electricity" into the Weaknesses field, but that does not work either.

Starfinder-Weaknesses.jpg
    Last edited by Calirae; November 13th, 2018 at 05:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Calirae View Post
    The "Weaknesses" field on the NPC sheet seems to not have any coding to it; instead we have to put the weaknesses of a creature into the "Defensive Abil." line and prefix it with "weaknesses". I'm assuming this is not intended behaviour, since it renders the Weaknesses field obsolete and it makes the formatting look quite odd.

Example:
    I'm wanting to create a creature that is vulnerable to electricity. Putting "vulnerable to electricity" into the weakness field does not apply the creature's weakness when dragged into the Combat Tracker. However, typing "Weaknesses vulnerable to electricity" into the "Defensive Abil." applies the effect to the creature when dragged into the Combat Tracker. I've also tried just putting "electricity" into the Weaknesses field, but that does not work either.

Starfinder-Weaknesses.jpg
    I will take a look an seewhats going on
    Im currently working on a fix for the Client memory issue.
    For now use your way too get it in.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Some updates that went through seems to have lightened the memory load a bit.

Using a new campaign as a baseline:

Starfinder Core: 1656MB (almost 600MB reduction)
    Starfinder Armory: 600MB
    Pact Worlds: 240MB
    Alien Archive (players): 262MB

I have able to have all four of those open, plus the player resource for an adventure path and be at 3066MB, which give more wiggle room for sharing images and such.

Thread Information