FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

New Update in Testing

Disclaimer

As with any test project, please back up your campaign prior to using the ruleset. Also it would be a best practice to use a copied version of the campaign during testing to ensure no data is lost within your campaign.

Overview

SFRPG was reported by some as needing some fine tuning and streamlining of the system. This is the culmination of that work to get the ruleset to bring an enjoyable experience without causing frustration with its function. We examined where the problems were and came up with solutions to iron out the wrinkles. This process also may have taken a step back with some automation as it was the cause of said frustrations. These features, that have been scaled back, are not gone forever. They will be investigated at a later time to expand from this new baseline of the ruleset.

Features

Character Sheet
    • Updated sublabeled string areas (race, theme, and class) to allow almost a hyperlink setup to access the masterindex quickly to create characters or access information.
    • Removed gatekeepers to allow more manual control over character creation
    • Merged Ability helper window with main ability frame to make it easier to add scores and to track damage and mods.
    • Added areas for Mechanics to easily access the drone character sheet (this will need to be a second character sheet owned by the player in order for it to drop to that location). Also added area for Mech tracking for future supplement.
    • The main class/theme features are added automatically, but additional choices for sub features will need to be done by hand by the player. The records have been fine tuned to accommodate this and provide more information than previously.
    • Repaired the Spells Tracking and parsing of spell text. Also available is the ability to drag created spells/actions from their lists to others.
    • Repaired the Ship attacks to factor tracking or direct-fire weapons correctly (TL/AC).

NPC Sheet
    • Added Array type to the sheet to provide it with correct Spell DC base
    • Spell Abil. tracks Melee/Ranged bonus correctly to spells
    • Repaired Spell tabs to parse spells automatically without additional drag'n'drop changes in the CT.
    • Merged Vehicles with NPC record to allow use of vehicles in the combat tracker.

PC Ship Sheet
    • Redesigned sheet to be smaller.
    • Frames are now merged with Ship Items and can be located there.
    • Added 'hyperlink' sub labels as on the Character sheet to help navigate to the common areas of ship building and retrofitting.
    • Removed gatekeepers to allow more manual control over ship building, but left the warnings when exceeding BP/PCU limits. E.G. adding additional mounts to the ship without being told no.
    • BP/PCU Summaries are read only now and update correctly when adding/removing systems to ensure calculations are providing correct information.
    • Added option to double click on the empty token field to open asset/tokenbag window to drag desired token to ship.

Sidebar
    Cleaned up sidebar to include larger categories for tracking data. This has shrunk the sidebar to manageable levels.Outstanding sidebar buttons have been merged with the masterindex of similar or logical locations for them.
    • Companions - PC
    • Starships - NPC
    • Starship Items - PC Ships
    • Archetypes and Features - Class
    • Boon - Feats
    • Companion Race and Alt Race Traits - Race

There are many additions in the backend of the ruleset that you may not see when using the program, but this was to help with future conversion creation and usability of those modules.

Installing

Access the settings button from the dashboard and then navigate to the Advanced tab (in FGU). In FGC, it will open the correct screen. We then change the Build (FGU) or Updates section from LIVE to TEST and then run an update to update your system to be on the TEST server. If you wish to switch back, you would turn it from TEST to LIVE and run the update again.

Feedback/Suggestions
    Please use this thread to track bugs and report them as well. If you have suggestions or comments, we would greatly appreciate them as well.

Updates
    • 10/7/20 - Added proficiency to weapon entries on the actions tab. Will make every attack proficient. Will need to click on star to provide the non-proficient modifier.
    • 10/8/20 - Pushed an update to fix NPC spells would not parse unless it was a legitimate spell. This allows creation of actions to be included in the spell lists for rolls/automation. Also allows setting up pregens with pre-made action lists for characters to be dragged and dropped to other character sheets. Also, further configured the automation to all 'Spell-Like' abilities to not hide spells/actions when all the uses are used.
    • 10/9/20 - Pushed an update to fix PC starship HP increment and CT updating. Also, caster level was not being updated when leveling the class on the PC sheet.
    Last edited by superteddy57; October 9th, 2020 at 16:30.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

As a note
    The Starfinder Core rule book has been updated for these features, and the Players version removed.
    The Character s Operations Manual has also been updated.
    I am working on the rest of the modules starting with Alien Archive to get you some NPCs for testing. If you use a current NPC the DCs will be off unless you unlock the record and set the cyclers to it's Array type.Combatant, Expert or Spellcaster as per there stat block. AA1 will be ready today or tomorrow.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

For those that use FGU but still have FGC you can use FGC for testing the system and as long as you have the normal setup of different folders for FGU and FGC data your FGU campaign data won't be affected.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

thanks for the hard work!

How will this affect AP modules? I only have the CRB and a Dead Suns module to work with. Will I have to do anything to fix NPC and encounters when the update hits live?

I was just sitting here going "No way they aren't letting me type levels in for classes." and found you guys are updating to remove this problem. Thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    thanks for the hard work!

How will this affect AP modules? I only have the CRB and a Dead Suns module to work with. Will I have to do anything to fix NPC and encounters when the update hits live?
    Can't speak for AP's but most if not all the source books should be updated by the time we go Live. Im working on them now
    Core Rules -Ready on Test
    Characters Operation Manual-Ready on Test
    AA1- In Work
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thanks for all the work on this guys!
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

The wrong client.xml file was placed in the Characters Operations Manual, I got it fixed and asked for it to be pushed to test again.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Can't speak for AP's but most if not all the source books should be updated by the time we go Live. Im working on them now
    Core Rules -Ready on Test
    Characters Operation Manual-Ready on Test
    AA1- In Work
    If that's the case, what do we have to switch to make them compatible? I don't mind doing some footwork myself to get everything up and up.

Great job SF team!
    It looks like a really great update!

Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    If that's the case, what do we have to switch to make them compatible? I don't mind doing some footwork myself to get everything up and up.
    Unfortunately we don't have access to the stuff that would have to be changed (due to copy-protection). It's encrypted so people can't share with people who haven't purchased.

Thread Information