DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

"The Rosetta Stone of D&D"

So I am reading reviews and watching videos about the system, hyping myself up for when I get paid and I can buy it. This claim is that it can run any module from D&D easily.
    So where can I find cheap classic D&D modules online in PDF form to convert in?

Quote Originally Posted by InfinitePudding View Post
    So I am reading reviews and watching videos about the system, hyping myself up for when I get paid and I can buy it. This claim is that it can run any module from D&D easily.
    So where can I find cheap classic D&D modules online in PDF form to convert in?
    You could start here.

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...=6a#browselist
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks
    Can I use stuff other than adventures? Like supplements like treasure and monsters and playable races?

Here is a little article on converting stuff D & D to Castles and Crusades. The classic stuff is very easy to do. https://dnd-realm.blogspot.com/2010/...-crusades.html
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Blog Entries
    The nice thing I've found about C&C is that I can take any 1E/2E adventure and the only real math I have to do is reversing the AC (either subtract from 20 or from 19 depending how tough you want it to be) and don't add the "bonus HP" (ie. if a monster has 4HD+6, just roll 4HD). 3.xE adventures I can literally plug and play, since C&C is a rules-lite 3.5E anyway. Also Swords & Wizardry adventures are very easily adaptable to C&C.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueshaft View Post
    Here is a little article on converting stuff D & D to Castles and Crusades. The classic stuff is very easy to do. https://dnd-realm.blogspot.com/2010/...-crusades.html
    Good general guidelines. Personally I just do a straight conversion and never have an issue. Establish an internal consistency based on solid reasoning and maintain it unless something doesn't seem right in play.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I think one of the easy pitfalls of conversion for your own games is that you try to do a complete conversion - which takes time, may not be the same challenge level in the end, etc., etc.. For most creatures you can do a pretty good conversion on the fly - change you stuff you *need* for running in C&C (AC and HP being the main ones) and just run with it - they'll probably be killed soon enough, or not even encountered. If you have a long term NPC that you need cool/accurate stats then do a more detailed conversion.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One general category I always find tricky is money, treasure, magic.

When you are new to a system (or been away a long time) it is hard to know what to do when going from 1E to C&C or visa versa regarding magic items/weapons etc. Like what "rate", "bonuses at x level", etc.

Then don't get me started on cash hehe. Perhaps it is my engineer's fixation but I like precision and feeling at least like I got it "right." The exchange rates like whether it is 20sp to 1g or 10sp or... that's fine if you assume 1gp = 1gp (or 1gp = 5sp, whatever) from system to system. I haven't looked yet - currently working on my cross-game pantheon (selecting deities from Airdhe, GH, and Lost Lands.

Does anyone have tips on how to come up with the math to convert from AD&D->C&C->S&W->C&C-CastleZagyg-Yggsburgh->3E type conversions for when trying to move modules or source books from one system to another? I recall being confused looking at Yygs vs PHB - so I have been putting off figuring my "on the fly" monetary treasure/prices conversion formulae.

The "quick and dirty" method. Decide on the value of a loaf of bread in what your "standard" monetary units are (this is usually gold or silver). Set this at "1". (So, if your world is using a "silver standard", a loaf of bread would be 1sp.). Scale everything else accordingly - look up the value of a loaf of bread in what you're converting, figure out the scale, and there you go.

Thread Information