Page 1 of 2 12 Last

"The Rosetta Stone of D&D"

So I am reading reviews and watching videos about the system, hyping myself up for when I get paid and I can buy it. This claim is that it can run any module from D&D easily.
    So where can I find cheap classic D&D modules online in PDF form to convert in?

Quote Originally Posted by InfinitePudding View Post
    So I am reading reviews and watching videos about the system, hyping myself up for when I get paid and I can buy it. This claim is that it can run any module from D&D easily.
    So where can I find cheap classic D&D modules online in PDF form to convert in?
    You could start here.

http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?f...=6a#browselist
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

Thanks
    Can I use stuff other than adventures? Like supplements like treasure and monsters and playable races?

Here is a little article on converting stuff D & D to Castles and Crusades. The classic stuff is very easy to do. http://dnd-realm.blogspot.com/2010/0...-crusades.html
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Blog Entries
    The nice thing I've found about C&C is that I can take any 1E/2E adventure and the only real math I have to do is reversing the AC (either subtract from 20 or from 19 depending how tough you want it to be) and don't add the "bonus HP" (ie. if a monster has 4HD+6, just roll 4HD). 3.xE adventures I can literally plug and play, since C&C is a rules-lite 3.5E anyway. Also Swords & Wizardry adventures are very easily adaptable to C&C.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueshaft View Post
    Here is a little article on converting stuff D & D to Castles and Crusades. The classic stuff is very easy to do. http://dnd-realm.blogspot.com/2010/0...-crusades.html
    Good general guidelines. Personally I just do a straight conversion and never have an issue. Establish an internal consistency based on solid reasoning and maintain it unless something doesn't seem right in play.
    DMing since 1979. Ultimate License holder.

Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Mon/Fri - on hiatus)
    * Temple of Elemental Evil - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Thursday - on hiatus)
    * 2e Greyhawk (Wednesday)

Thanks for 7+ years of gaming via FG my friends (2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

I think one of the easy pitfalls of conversion for your own games is that you try to do a complete conversion - which takes time, may not be the same challenge level in the end, etc., etc.. For most creatures you can do a pretty good conversion on the fly - change you stuff you *need* for running in C&C (AC and HP being the main ones) and just run with it - they'll probably be killed soon enough, or not even encountered. If you have a long term NPC that you need cool/accurate stats then do a more detailed conversion.

FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One general category I always find tricky is money, treasure, magic.

When you are new to a system (or been away a long time) it is hard to know what to do when going from 1E to C&C or visa versa regarding magic items/weapons etc. Like what "rate", "bonuses at x level", etc.

Then don't get me started on cash hehe. Perhaps it is my engineer's fixation but I like precision and feeling at least like I got it "right." The exchange rates like whether it is 20sp to 1g or 10sp or... that's fine if you assume 1gp = 1gp (or 1gp = 5sp, whatever) from system to system. I haven't looked yet - currently working on my cross-game pantheon (selecting deities from Airdhe, GH, and Lost Lands.

Does anyone have tips on how to come up with the math to convert from AD&D->C&C->S&W->C&C-CastleZagyg-Yggsburgh->3E type conversions for when trying to move modules or source books from one system to another? I recall being confused looking at Yygs vs PHB - so I have been putting off figuring my "on the fly" monetary treasure/prices conversion formulae.

The "quick and dirty" method. Decide on the value of a loaf of bread in what your "standard" monetary units are (this is usually gold or silver). Set this at "1". (So, if your world is using a "silver standard", a loaf of bread would be 1sp.). Scale everything else accordingly - look up the value of a loaf of bread in what you're converting, figure out the scale, and there you go.

Thread Information