DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Who else "Savages" D&D products?

Hi all;

Much as I love SW and their settings I'm often blown away by the quality of maps and backgrounds and such for 3.5, 4e and 5e, D&D adventures. Over the years I've 'savaged' a few of the adventures for my own group to enjoy, and I wondered who else was doing this? By "Savaged" I mean; converting NPC's and Monsters to SW - bringing over other SW rules to the adventure and generally making it work in FG. Heck I've even done it for Call of Cthulhu stuff as well.

I've been wondering if there was some sort of official way that FG could release 'Savaged' versions of popular products from other game systems...or if other folks who savage stuff could share ideas and information with each other.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Copyright would prevent any kind of distribution of assets, but conversion for your own use would of course be acceptable.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

yep I figured that. I'd be more interested in seeing how other people 'do' their modules.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Blog Entries
    On the Official Savage Worlds facebook (yeah, I know...) page it seems like every other day there's conversations about "savaging" this and that. I'd check there, or the PEG forums maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Copyright would prevent any kind of distribution of assets, but conversion for your own use would of course be acceptable.
    I think you you could "publish" converted characters and monsters, as long as all you did was the SW Game Stats, the blurb text would be copyrighted, but actual game mechanics (after conversion) would not...

i.e. A conversion guide so you would still need the original product, but for example... "The pit trap in room 5, requires an agility check at -2 to avoid, or you will take 2d6 falling damage".

If I am incorrect please correct me
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Yeah, this is a very grey area. You might not be able to refer to the original product by name, but as long as you keep to non-copyright data you'd kinda be OK.

For example, Legendary Games do Adventure Path plugins for Pathfinder. They have good relations with Paizo, but even they don't refer to the name of the Paizo Adventure Path their product is made for by name.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 27th, 2018 at 15:28.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Zadmar has put together a wealth of SW resources. Several are extremely valuable for conversion work. Take a look here:
    https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorld...l#SavageBeasts

Thanks for the information and advice guys.
    Ultimate license owner.

I'm running Savage Savage Tides the last AP put out in Dragon Magazine.

Well I've looked into this and found that nobody was doing it. So I contacted AAW Games; adventureaweek.com and they were really receptive to my idea, so now I'm happy to say that I've started 'savaging' their various adventures. Check out their webpage and if you do buy one of the modules, please offer me come criticisms and ideas. I basically just did them the way I do my own adventures and I don't count myself as a 'pro' at this by any means, but it is a lot of fun and I'd like to get more folks into SW and FG so I figured this was a great way of doing it.

Oh and if anyone has a adventureaweek.com adventure they'd like to see 'savaged' tell me and I'll get to work on it pretty quick. I'm presently working on B02 "Happiness in Slavery" and C01 "Alagoran's Gem" and should have those done by next week sometime. After that, I'm open to suggestions.

See you online folks!
    Ultimate license owner.

Thread Information