5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ProNobis View Post
    If anyone can tell me how to mark them as CoreRPG instead of as 5e that would be hugely helpful.
    Change the <ruleset> tag in the module definition.xml file to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by ProNobis View Post
    Thank you for all of the Pathfinder requests, but with limited times and resources I want to wait until I have the 5e version stable as the conversion will be extremely intensive (at least weeks, and probably months).
    Well if you need any beta testers, let me know

Thank you Trenloe, new versions were just uploaded that are now CoreRPG.

Erin, beta testers are great. The Fantasy Grounds College (not associated with Smiteworks) and especially the Explorer's Guild have been helping a lot with that so far. I know that they are very interested in launching a pathfinder section and have at least a couple of GMs who specialize in it. You can look them up here: https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw

That being said, the next thing that will require dedicated beta testing, will be Incarnate-Battles, a 5e expanded bestiary with a table system that allows either pulling premade battles (by terrain and CR) or generation of premade battles (by terrain and CR). If it made it to the top of the priority list today, then this module would probably be released to beta testers in a month, and to the public in 2-4 months.
    Last edited by ProNobis; February 25th, 2018 at 17:27. Reason: upload finished

Blog Entries
    Is it likely that portions of this would work with Castles and Crusades?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Is it likely that portions of this would work with Castles and Crusades?
    Extremely likely. The sections marked as CoreRPG (Incarnate-Penolia, and Incarnate-Battlemaps) should be fully function with no other requirements.

Incarnate - Engine is largely a system of 2,000+ tables which should be functional if you are using the universal module extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    The few "incompatibilities" will be for stuff like the store front generator will populate with 5e items that may or may not exist in other rulesets. The links will open 5e versions of these items and as such should simply be ignored. That being said, most of it is designed to assist in general lore generation from cities to npcs to dungeons. Assuming Castles and Crusades has a medieval/fantasy feel to it these lore generators should be helpful to give you "broad brush strokes" that give you just enough to help when responding to players going rogue, or to help you build your world ahead of time.

Incarnate Forge is specifically about 5e items so no reason to attempt to use it.

What if I split the Incarnate-Engine into a core RPG and a 5e mod? The new Incarnate-Engine would be CoreRPG, but would also call some tables that do not exist within it (like race, adventuring items, etc.) then there would be a new mod say "Incarnate-Core-5e" that would have all the missing tables from the Engine as well as all of the 5e content it already has. I could then create and release a blank version of "Incarnate-Core" so that anyone who wishes could write a version of it for their own ruleset. Said modifications would be outside of the terms of the standard license so we would need to follow a different license agreement for those, probably very similar to the one I used to sign over my stuff to Incarnate Gaming.
    Pros:
    1) updating the Incarnate Engine would update all rulesets
    2) would allow other community members to work on their favorite rulesets, getting new ones much faster
    Cons:
    1) a lot of existing links in 5e campaigns would be broken by the module split and renaming, this means a lot of characters would need to be either fixed and/or remade and a lot of content links (like loot, items, etc.) would need to be fixed as they are discovered.

What do you guys think?

Well, as I said before, I am all for inclusivenesss
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

The table results should link. Why would links be broken?

Links would be broken because of the renaming of the modules while splitting them. The new versions would have links that work, but links that have been placed by the old version would be broken.

The reason for the split is so that tables with links to rule specific items/classes/races/etc. could exist in rule specific modules.

Oh, now I get it. Sorry. Thanks.

Thread Information