5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

exporting a character as a player

when i type /save it says that the character has been exported, but it doesn't say where to. I went in to the 5e manage characters window and looked for the character isn't there. Can only the DM export a character?

Basic reasoning is that the DM can't load the DD PHB Deluxe and so I have to export it, update it...then upload it again.

Blog Entries
    If you want to access your character from a specific campaign, go to Manage Characters, select the campaign, select Start. Then go to the Characters or PC icon on the left, select the edit icon on the bottom of the window, then export the character with the blue down arrow. That creates a standalone XML file.

Exit the campaign.

On Manage Characters, select the ruleset (not the campaign), and select start. Goto characters/PC's and import the xml for the character. Edit it. Export it, send the xml to your GM.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by lordentrails View Post
    if you want to access your character from a specific campaign, go to manage characters, select the campaign, select start. Then go to the characters or pc icon on the left, select the edit icon on the bottom of the window, then export the character with the blue down arrow. That creates a standalone xml file.

Exit the campaign.

On manage characters, select the ruleset (not the campaign), and select start. Goto characters/pc's and import the xml for the character. Edit it. Export it, send the xml to your gm.
    ah ha! Thank youuuu!

Blog Entries
    Certainly

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

/save is a GM option that saves the campaign database, it doesn't export characters. Either type /exportchar in the chat window, or (depending on the ruleset) enable edit mode in the character selection window and then select the blue arrow on the character you want to export.

Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ter_Management
    and here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/.../Chat_Commands
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    /save is a GM option that saves the campaign database, it doesn't export characters. Either type /exportchar in the chat window, or (depending on the ruleset) enable edit mode in the character selection window and then select the blue arrow on the character you want to export.

Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ter_Management
    and here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/.../Chat_Commands
    Trenloe - do these all work in Unity - if not is there a list of /commands for Unity somewhere?

Looking forward to the day (soon I hear) that Unity will be out of Beta!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    ... is there a list of /commands for Unity somewhere?
    In the Wiki. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...#Chat-Commands
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    On a separate but related command topic - the Wiki has /day /night, but when I try that it just spits out the command list in the chat and no change.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    On a separate but related command topic - the Wiki has /day /night, but when I try that it just spits out the command list in the chat and no change.
    Those commands are only useable in Classic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    Mood lighting isn't currently supported in FGU. I don't know if it ever will be.

Thread Information