DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Damage Calculated Correctly?

Hey guys,

I'm new to both savage worlds and fantasy grounds. I'm pretty pumped about making a campaign for my buddies in the Hellfrost setting and I need your input to see if I'm misunderstanding savage worlds damage rules or if there's a bug in the Hellfrost/SavageWorlds modules. I've created an NPC and he has a d4 strength. When I give him a long sword FG autocalcs his damage as 2d4 but I thought a longsword was Str+d8. Is there some hidden rule in SW that caps the damage of the weapon at your Strength die? Because when I give my NPC a d10 STR it calculates the damage as d10+d8. which seems correct.

2018-01-19 11_44_24-Fantasy Grounds.png2018-01-19 11_45_24-Fantasy Grounds.png2018-01-19 11_46_11-Fantasy Grounds.png

Welcome to the forums.

This is how Savage Worlds does melee damage. Some further info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...light=Strength
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Welcome to savage worlds. It is a wonderful system and there is a great savage worlds community out there. Hellfrost is a fantastic setting too - Rassilon is a huge, vibrant continent.

Just let me know if there is anything I can help with
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

It's calculates correctly. In fact, I've learned a thing or two about SW rules because FG does it right when I had read the rules wrong. The great thing about a strength cap on melee damage is that Str is not a dump stat. In fact, in SW, there are no dump stats. I love it.

I gotta ask, what's a 'dump' stat?
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    I gotta ask, what's a 'dump' stat?
    Least important stat.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information