DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluanar View Post
    Greetings,

I am not in to monthly subscriptions so I ask the following in light of the new version on the brink of being released, maybe.

Do I buy the perm ultimate license now or wait for the new unity 64 bit? I don't care to re buy at a later date.

opinions?
    Be certain you understand:
    * the current difference between a standard license and an ultimate license.
    * that Smiteworks has not committed to a release date for Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    * that Smiteworks has not committed to a fee structure for Fantasy Grounds Unity.

If your highest priority is not paying for the current license and paying again for FGU (as your post seems to indicate) then you should not buy the license until FGU comes out. However, if your priorities are not so cut and dry then you must evaluate the information based on your situation.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Is there a reason why you want the Ultimate instead of the Full license?
    I have a few that I would want to join me that could not afford their own license. As I understand it if I have the ultimate then anyone can join for free. Though I am confused on the compare product list where it says under ultimate that cannot host free users.

Can Host Game Offline (LAN Game)

Yes - but can't host
    free users

Buy whatever makes sense (ultimate or standard). SW has never charged an upgrade fee so far. They will for FGU but it will be scaled based on time of ownership.

We don’t know when FGU comes out. Buy it now. SW Will take care of you. Don’t worry

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Buy whatever makes sense (ultimate or standard). SW has never charged an upgrade fee so far. They will for FGU but it will be scaled based on time of ownership.

We don’t know when FGU comes out. Buy it now. SW Will take care of you. Don’t worry
    I am already convinced to buy it, just determining at which level and want to clarify my friends can join for free if I purchase the top license. I have researched 12 hours a day for 2 weeks and due to upcoming upgrades and management I am sold on FG.

Blog Entries
    With the Ultimate license you can host for players without their own license. They can connect with the demo license.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    With the Ultimate license you can host for players without their own license. They can connect with the demo license.
    And that is with a lan game or internet?

Blog Entries
    It applies to both local and internet play. Be aware, however, that for local play you will need an active internet connection so that Fantasy Grounds can verify the license. There is a thread on LAN sessions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...thout-internet

Blog Entries
    To clarify, using the ultimate license when a player without a license (i.e. a free player) connects FG requires that it verify your ultimate license against the FG servers. So for a few seconds you need an internet connection. Many people use their phone for this, but it will use some data.

Follow the link from Carl for details.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    To clarify, using the ultimate license when a player without a license (i.e. a free player) connects FG requires that it verify your ultimate license against the FG servers. So for a few seconds you need an internet connection. Many people use their phone for this, but it will use some data.

Follow the link from Carl for details.
    So this adds a new wrinkle to some information about the usage of FG. As I understood it you can be off line to create or add on to your modules/campaigns. But what I am hearing now is that for any game play to start everyone must have internet access only if briefly to validate, doe sthis also mean to even use the ultimate version for building a campaign as well?

Thanks

The players have to be connected to the GM's server to make their characters (unless they have a license and use the SRD, Basic Rules, or have purchased the PHB). The GM only ever needs a connection when a player with a demo license connects. Or to update FG.

Thread Information