5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connection Issues

So I'm trying to get FG running only here is the catch. It was working fine 3 hours ago. It's 10:50pm where I am. Now it won't even let players connect and sais my connection to the server is failing. I can get FG to run but no one can connect and its not showing failed connecting issues.

Now before you start up with tech jargon let me be the first to say...I DO NOT UNDERSTAND A WORD OF WHAT IS SAID. Please treat me like a moron regarding this issue to keep headaches from spawning in your brain devices. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting the Modem and Router, reconnecting port 1802 half a dozen times, checked file integrity to make sure none of it is corrupted, force running the hardware and updating that. Nothing is working. I've tried looking at the IP things and I don't understand a word of what was being described even as I tried to follow the directions for a possible fix...which did not get me anywhere. Now as much as this paragraph makes it look like I know what I'm saying or doing let me clarify...I'm a fricking retard when it comes to tech. I know basics. That's it.

Right, it sais it is having a problem connecting the server, which points me in the direction that the port is closed or not allowed access. So the port is actually open and it is allowed access via my firewall so I have no idea what is going on.
    Last edited by RedRobed; January 17th, 2018 at 06:31. Reason: New Info
    Don't ask dumb questions, you'll get dumb answers. Don't ask smart questions, you'll get dumb answers...really, most people are really just dumb. So just don't ask questions.

Blog Entries
    Hi RedRobed

Please describe your setup exactly - as in exactly how things are connected to each other.

internet---router---switch---wifi---pc

or whatever it is.
    Please in a CMD prompt type:
    tracert 8.8.8.8
    and paste the first four trace entries here.

What changed in the last 4 hours?
    Do you have another computer in the same house that you loaded FG up on?

Nothing has changed, that's what is confusing me. No one except me uses FG in the house. As for the connection channel it goes Internet - Modem/Router - Wifi - PC.

tracert 8.8.8.8 entries are as follows.

1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254
    20 ms 17 ms 18 ms 10.145.158.1
    34 ms 34 ms 34 ms 154.11.10.11
    30 ms 30 ms 30 ms 72.14.220.60

Not sure if it means anything but the 5th sais Request timed out. Pro tip, still don't understand what any of that means. Also I only have it loaded onto my laptop. Minor bit of information that was missed, though I'm not sure if it changes anything. I can access the FG servers to update no problem.
    Last edited by RedRobed; January 17th, 2018 at 09:30. Reason: Clarification and Misread
    Don't ask dumb questions, you'll get dumb answers. Don't ask smart questions, you'll get dumb answers...really, most people are really just dumb. So just don't ask questions.

Blog Entries
    Is the modem/router also the wifi or is the wifi a separate device?
    PM me your email address if you would like me to look at it with you.

It has the WiFi on it. We get our service through Bell, so internet goes through the router/modem to the wifi then we get it on the pc. That's honestly how it looks to me, though I may very well be wrong even as that is my best visual guess.

I've had similar issue appear this week. Can't fix it with simple efforts and not sure what changed.
    I've hosted for the last few months.
    I hosted last Sunday with no issues.
    This Wednesday, none of the players could connect.
    No recent significant alterations in my setup, PC, or whatever.
    Still getting Failure during the test.

I've redone the configuration from default several times, Firewall, Static IP, and 1802 forwarded through the Modem/Router.

I even went as far as checking a few of my players' console.log files which seemed correct.

Sound familiar to anyone?
    Any clues?

Ummm...I've found a definite issue........I just used a second site to confirm my 1802 is showing and its saying its not.

1 2 ms 3 ms 1 ms hitronhub.home [192.168.0.1]
    2 15 ms 10 ms 14 ms 184.64.192.1
    3 16 ms 18 ms 11 ms rc3no-be102-1.cg.shawcable.net [64.59.133.213]
    4 30 ms 28 ms 34 ms rc2wt-be100.wa.shawcable.net [66.163.75.233]

Yea, starting to think my forwarded port isn't set right. Acting wonky.
    Last edited by Wyrmmwood; January 20th, 2018 at 01:30.

Blog Entries
    There appears to only be a single hop there so you should be able to do this. You need to make sure that you port forward to your computers IP address.

Blog Entries
    Remember, sometimes your router will assign a new IP to a computer on the network. So maybe your internal IP has changed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information