DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Not really how it should have went, but if the players were happy and the story was good, then you did it right. Remember, story trumps rules.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Oh my, I can see I've got some explaining to do!

It wasn't the FBI coming up the stairs, nor was it a pack of diviners. It was a bunch of normal peeps, who were scheduled to meet with the dead dude at the same time the party was. The party made sure they arrived before everybody else did. They murdered him (he killed our rouge's sister - and actually a bunch of others, but only I as the DM know this at this point) and hastily set about trying to hide the body and make it look like nothing is afoot. The wee man (a halfling) downstairs who signs people in to the building was drugged by our bard (Cha 16 human female). When yer man was found asleep on the job, this instantly caused suspicion with the folks climbing the stairs.

Oh yes, the party had some explaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Not really how it should have went, but if the players were happy and the story was good, then you did it right. Remember, story trumps rules.
    This!

But would still like to know if that cantrip could mask the immediate signs of a murder! (in other people's opinions)
    Last edited by sorvan76; January 14th, 2018 at 19:54.

Blog Entries
    It can clean things up. So no blood on the floor. As long as killing him didn't break anything, I don't see why their would be any signs of struggle or death. Well, unless you want their to be, after all, their could be a smell as the bowels might empty.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It can clean things up. So no blood on the floor. As long as killing him didn't break anything, I don't see why their would be any signs of struggle or death. Well, unless you want their to be, after all, their could be a smell as the bowels might empty.
    I reckon if anybody's bowels were open after that encounter, it was the party's lol.

In any case, after all the necessary deception and persuasion checks were passed, the party walked away. I was fully expecting a blood-bath, as I'd set the DC to talk their way out of it at 15.

They bullsh*tted well enough to walk out the door, but I had the local guard pursue them for questions.

Now, can a prestidigitation casting hide the evidence of a kill for 1 hour? Say, for example, nobody looks in the cupboard.

Blog Entries
    IMO, until someone looks in the cupboard, or the body starts to swell/decompose (24 hours?), or divination was used; I think prestidigitation would be fine.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    IMO, until someone looks in the cupboard, or the body starts to swell/decompose (24 hours?), or divination was used; I think prestidigitation would be fine.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. It makes the spell quite powerful though, for a cantrip.

I believe the cleaning effect is permanent, not 1 hour. Though it becomes a timing problem. Each casting takes 6 seconds and only cleans up to 1 cubic foot. So it would depend on where all blood was splattered and the literal number of seconds before the people came into view (or hearing since presto has a verbal component). Not really as powerful.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information