STAR TREK 2d20

2 token questions

i been playing with fg2 for years now but two things have always eluded me..one is recent the other is really old...ill list em below.

1. When i make tokens(using token tool or whatever) my tokens always look awesome in it..yet, when i put them in fg2 and zoom in on the map and place them ..the image is always blurry and loses all distinction. Is there a way to fix this i dont know bout? my tokens look like crap all the time. My maps do the same thing...they look great yet when zoomed in they are pixelated hell.

2.This one is recent..when i open my token bag...theres only 4 things there now. My tokens dont show unless i clik the gm/shared button then close the window..wait 5 seconds then they appear. Have i mucked something up?

Blog Entries
    For 2 probably too many tokens and they haven't loaded into memory yet.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    When you create your tokens, what resolution are you creating them at? For instance, Token Tool can make tokens as low resolution as 64 x 64 pixels. And defaults to something like 128x128. So if you zoom in so that you are using more than 64 or 128 pixels of your computer screen, then the token is going to look poor because you are zooming in farther than this is information for.

Same thing with your maps. Most maps are created at something like 50 pixels per 5 foot square. So again, if you zoom in so that your screen represents something like 20 feet of the map and you have a screen resolution of 1280, then you have zoomed past the available information available so your screen has to add info, and it does that with what is commonly called pixelation. i.e. it just gives lumps of the same color.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Kefrem - I have been using GIMP for all my tokens. I wanted to add color tokens to the C&C game I am running. I save as PNG's with 128 for medium and 256 for large. Sample image zoomed in close - the images hold their detail pretty well.

https://imgur.com/a/KBQQI

This is standard image resolution - if you zoom in on low resolution tokens or images then you get the pixelated poor quality effect. So, be aware of the size of tokens and maps.

But - be even more aware of large resolution tokens and maps as these take up more memory and can cause issues with the current 32-bit architecture of Fantasy Grounds. Keep maps to 2048x2048 pixels or less.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

so wait....i thought that that little drop down which had various things like 64x64 and 256x256 meant the tokens size. You mean thats its resolution? doh! ok how do i make it a 4x4 square size token then?

Yes, the pixels expression is the resolution of the token.

The size of a token depends on the size of the creature when you put the token on a map (which has an FG Grid). To take up 4x4 squares the creature would need to be Gargantuan and I'd probably stretch to a 512x512 token for that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The token sizes mentioned in this post are what SmiteWorks uses for it's official Paizo Pathfinder products: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post312582
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information