5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 15 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmilktoast View Post
    I do have one character in the campaign that the converter does not like at all, however. The site just says "Something went wrong,.. etc". Is there any way to troubleshoot it?
    What's unique about the character? Are any special characters (&^%$#@!*><...) used in the character name or race or any such thing? That's the first thing I would look at.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There were quotes in her name, but I removed them and still had the problem. I'll check her notes and things, see if there is anything else odd.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and Welcome!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There's a couple things that may have gone wrong.

I try to output error codes in the developers console, so you could try that.

Or, check to see if you published the character as private or public. I've not tested those scenarios.

Lastly, let me know the character number and I'll find out what's wrong and attempt to fix it.

Thanks,

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Code has been updated to account for a sling (others?).

Thanks for letting me know about this problem/failure.

Dave

Ha! That's what he gets for taking a sling.

Thanks for looking at it.

Ok, this might be the coolest thing. Thank you so much! Real talk: Is there a way to kick ya a few bucks to say thanks for doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    waiting for D&D Beyond to release an API
    Arent we all, but they are too confused about how to go about it to connect any functionality to either roll20 or FG...

its an API, you just need to let it call data from the website in as little or large amount as the client_id allows due to DNDB permissions

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    Ok, this might be the coolest thing. Thank you so much! Real talk: Is there a way to kick ya a few bucks to say thanks for doing this?
    @Morduck,

I'm glad you've found this useful. I love D&D Beyond and Fantasy Grounds.

If you really feel this is worth something to you, then please make a donation to Holland Home.

Dave

Super awesome project! I was looking through the json that beyond returned for my character and trying to decifer its organization. Would you happen to know if and where the json stores its final totals for skill/saving throw/ability modifiers, including anything added by items or traits? I doubt they'd total them after the fact on the front end.

Thanks again!

Thread Information