Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I’m not that familiar with DnDB - for doing things like this (players updating their PCs) what content do the players need to own?
    The SRD as usual is free. You can create till 6 characters without subscription. If you want to get access to the Player's Handbook of course you need to buy the digital version.

    I have a master subscription so my players can access to all the content and manuals I own.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Im not that familiar with DnDB - for doing things like this (players updating their PCs) what content do the players need to own?
    So long as the person who owns the content has a master subscription it can be shared with the entire party. So they can work on the characters to create, update, or plan for the future at their leisure. They allow you to buy parts of books, so I have purchased the player and DM information but not the monster information.

  3. #23
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,390
    Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    The SRD as usual is free. You can create till 6 characters without subscription. If you want to get access to the Player's Handbook of course you need to buy the digital version.

    I have a master subscription so my players can access to all the content and manuals I own.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhitneyy2k View Post
    So long as the person who owns the content has a master subscription it can be shared with the entire party. So they can work on the characters to create, update, or plan for the future at their leisure. They allow you to buy parts of books, so I have purchased the player and DM information but not the monster information.
    Thanks for the replies. Being able to share through a Master subscription is pretty cool! What happens if you suspend the subscription and come back later - is the data in the (up to) 3 campaigns frozen and re-activated, or is is gone?


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Being able to share through a Master subscription is pretty cool! What happens if you suspend the subscription and come back later - is the data in the (up to) 3 campaigns frozen and re-activated, or is is gone?
    I never tried it but it's a very good question.

    So I just did some research and yes. You can select up to 6 characters to use. The other characters are frozen/blocked. Here's the link to the question: https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-d...tion-questions

  5. #25
    So, if/when this utility is completed, will this be the way to go for "easy" character creation? FG works pretty well, but I think there is less room for error/missing something using Beyond.

    Of course, that means rebuying some more books.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    So, if/when this utility is completed, will this be the way to go for "easy" character creation? FG works pretty well, but I think there is less room for error/missing something using Beyond.

    Of course, that means rebuying some more books.
    I always thought to create an extension which is similar to D&D Beyond. A wizard integrated in FG. Unfortunately it's a "bit" time consuming.

  7. #27
    If you did, I'd put you as my character's deity.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    If you did, I'd put you as my character's deity.
    Ahah. Maybe I should give it a try and more people could join the party.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Being able to share through a Master subscription is pretty cool! What happens if you suspend the subscription and come back later - is the data in the (up to) 3 campaigns frozen and re-activated, or is is gone?
    Haven't had it happen. But shouldn't be a problem. I believe the characters would still be accessible to each player under their personal account. They just wouldn't have access to my books. When the subscription started up again nothing should have been lost.

  10. #30
    Was able to take it for a spin this morning. Worked very well- easy to use! Thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in