5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Converting PF AP to 5e

Hello All!

I'm considering running a Pathfinder AP in D&D 5e, but obviously I'll need to make some modifications to the PF files so that they work with 5e.

My question is, how much of the Pathfinder Adventure Paths available through the store can be exported? I know images are out of bounds, but I think this will work out if I keep the references to the original AP and have the module open. Should everything else, in theory, be able to work it's way to 5e?

Some of the items that I'll be tweaking are: Hit Points, Attack Bonuses, and Magic Items. But, these should be relatively easy to manipulate in the XML file.

Any feedback would be appreciated :-)

Thanks!

Todd

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274 View Post
    Hello All!

I'm considering running a Pathfinder AP in D&D 5e, but obviously I'll need to make some modifications to the PF files so that they work with 5e.

My question is, how much of the Pathfinder Adventure Paths available through the store can be exported? I know images are out of bounds, but I think this will work out if I keep the references to the original AP and have the module open. Should everything else, in theory, be able to work it's way to 5e?

Some of the items that I'll be tweaking are: Hit Points, Attack Bonuses, and Magic Items. But, these should be relatively easy to manipulate in the XML file.

Any feedback would be appreciated :-)

Thanks!

Todd
    You cannot open a Pathfinder module in 5e - unless you use the Universal Modules Extension.
    You cannot access the XML - the files are encrypted.
    Using that extension will give you maps, text, encounters but all NPC data will be fubar.
    Items and Treasure may give you the broad outline of what they are but will need to be recreated.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You cannot open a Pathfinder module in 5e - unless you use the Universal Modules Extension.
    You cannot access the XML - the files are encrypted.
    True, unless you export the data as a module and modify the XML to a 5e. Not saying it won't die spectacularly, but enough of the file should be available to start messing around with.

What is the Universal Modules extension? I didn't find anything through search.

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274 View Post
    What is the Universal Modules extension? I didn't find anything through search.
    4th one down here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extensions
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks! Missed that one.

Thread Information