FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 58 of 59 First ... 84856575859 Last

Thread: Project: Author

“Well dude, you gotta frambulate them first.”
    Clearly my attempts to use groups are failing, so telling me to use groups isn’t helpful.

The steps I have followed are:
    1) made all the content for my module. Everything including the stories was in the group “uncategorized”
    2) exported the module
    3) installed author
    4) opened the module in a clean FG adventure with author
    5) triedBuild - the stories were all in a group with the same name as my module. No reference manual appeared
    6) created a new group, gave it a different name, and dragged all the stories into it.
    Tried Build, again no result.

so I went back to the campaign I built in, where the stories are still in the “uncategorized” group, ran author, no result. Created a new group ( named by default group 1) put the stories in there and ran, no result.

is this a “up a level down a level” thing where Groups means two different things?

Asked Rob Twohy, for whom I am writing this module. He just said” it should have worked, ask Celestian”
    Last edited by ColoradoGM; July 14th, 2023 at 18:59.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    “Well dude, you gotta frambulate them first.”
    Clearly my attempts to use groups are failing, so telling me to use groups isn’t helpful.

The steps I have followed are:
    1) made all the content for my module. Everything including the stories was in the group “uncategorized”
    2) exported the module
    3) installed author
    4) opened the module in a clean FG adventure with author
    5) triedBuild - the stories were all in a group with the same name as my module. No reference manual appeared
    6) created a new group, gave it a different name, and dragged all the stories into it.
    Tried Build, again no result.

so I went back to the campaign I built in, where the stories are still in the “uncategorized” group, ran author, no result. Created a new group ( named by default group 1) put the stories in there and ran, no result.

is this a “up a level down a level” thing where Groups means two different things?

Asked Rob Twohy, for whom I am writing this module. He just said” it should have worked, ask Celestian”
    If this is a new module I would fall back to the "dont use story entries" and use the Ref-manual builder. Long term thats where FGU is going.

If it's something you've had for a while and have story entries from past work....

This is the part that is missing more than likely. It's called out specifically in the tutorial video in the first post.

Rob probably recommended it because thats what he used, but times are changing
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I googled reference manual builder and remained perplexed, as all the pictures and videos showed a "Build" button that I didn't have. Finally figured out to unload MNM Module UI, which erases or hides that button. I should be able to build it now by copypasting from my story entries. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Uncategorized is not a group. It means your entries are NOT in a group.
    Your Categories or Groups should match your Chapters. Prefix them numerically to ensure the correct order.

00 Introduction
    01 GM Notes
    02 etc

After the latest FGU update I am getting an error:

Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "Author:scripts/manager_author_adnd.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'registerSidebarStackButton' (a nil value)
    Hope fully you are still updating this as it has been very useful when creating modules. Thanks.
    Last edited by Stargrove; December 14th, 2023 at 01:21.

Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "Author:scripts/manager_author_adnd.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'registerSidebarStackButton' (a nil value)
    Hope fully you are still updating this as it has been very useful when creating modules. Thanks.

PS: Sorry for the double post.

I'd like to second that hope. :-) I truly <3 this extension - not only for the refman, but also for the ability to lock/unlock all assets easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post

Code:

PS: Sorry for the double post.
    I posted a fix to this earlier today if you've not updated.

As to Author, I plan to make minor tweaks, to keep it working but if it becomes a large project due to changes in FGU I will stop as the Builder is now part of the base ruleset.

I would absolutely recommend learning Builder. It's far superior tool to using story entries to make ref-manuals.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Builder can make a ref-man, but can it lock/unlock all the asset windows with a single click? Thank you.

Thread Information