FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 53 of 59 First ... 3435152535455 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

I've asked anyone who was encountering errors and had first hand knowledge to please post a notice in this thread, so that I don't have to be the go-between who hasn't actually done his own testing.

I've just run the update and tried to use Author. I don't get an error when it loads, and I can use it to lock / unlock all, but when I try to export I do get errors, and the last message I see is 'AUTHOR: created_refmanualindex entries for export.' but it stops there.

[12/16/2021 1:11:32 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "utility/scripts/export_author.lua"]:123: attempt to index global 'list' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Shannara; December 16th, 2021 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannara View Post
    I've just run the update and tried to use Author. I don't get an error when it loads, and I can use it to lock / unlock all, but when I try to export I do get errors, and the last message I see is 'AUTHOR: created_refmanualindex entries for export.' but it stops there.

[12/16/2021 1:11:32 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "utility/scripts/export_author.lua"]:123: attempt to index global 'list' (a nil value)
    I can confirm the same error and some placement of fields in the export window.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannara View Post

You are running and old version. New version was released on forge pretty my in sync with the core update.

Clear out any local or extracted extensions.

The version should be 6.0
    Last edited by celestian; December 16th, 2021 at 18:43.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yes, I confirm the Forge version is updated and works fine for LIVE.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thank you. I had a copy of 'Author' in the extensions folder. Once that was removed, it worked perfectly.

Author v6.0
    FG v4.1.12 Live Build

My Story entries aren't writing to the Reference Manual.

I have 300+ pages of text parsed directly to Story records with image placement completed. Is there a way to write this all to a Reference Manual without using Builder? Or is there a way to drop my Story entries into Builder?

I feel like I am missing something or I lost 100+ hours of conversion work.

Thanks,

Greg

Capture.JPG This is what my Reference looks like today. I tried to line up some of the key points on this image.

I have been using Author successfully until my first export since the latest Core update.

Thread Information