5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 51 of 59 First ... 414950515253 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    My apologies if this has been covered before, but with 50 pages for this topic I just don't have the time to read through them all.
    Anyhow...I'm using FGU and I'm having problems linking images in a story. The link gets successfully exported with the reference, but when I open any particular chapter, subchapter or page containing an image link, it only ever opens a blank image. For the images I'm linking, I previously copied the graphic file for each to my \campaignname\Images folder and created an image record for them via Assets > Images. I've tried including images when I perform my export, but that makes things worse as a duplicate of the image is then created which displays with a red question mark. Not checking Images when I export, just results in the image displaying as a blank. I've tried ensuring the image link in the story is set to be shared to players (link icon recolored as green), but that doesn't make a difference. I've tried setting my module export to "Player Module" and "Read Only", but that doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Otherwise, I have tables linked in some of stories and they get linked just fine. Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this?
    Images linked/inline in a ref-manual need to be in the campaign you are exporting. Thats the only guess I have based on your description.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'm not clear on whether your image link in the story entry is the problem or the image in the reference manual is the problem.

For images to properly get added to the reference manual they need to be completely free of any bold text and each link must be on it's own. By that I mean you can't have Link: My Image nor can you have two links one after the other.

If you mean the links in your story entries don't work then that suggests that you aren't linking them from the images list inside your campaign. So as you hint at above (I think) you need to import the images into your campaign (by whichever method you prefer) and then drag the link icon from the images list (not assets) and drop it into your story entry.

Edit: Also you do need to export the images as well as anything else you want in your module. If you don't export the images then they well won't get exported and any links will be broken.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Are you by any chance trying to load the exported module in the campaign you're building it in? If so, create a clean campaign and use that for loading the exported module. I was caught out with similar issues when I started using Author. Click Reference and Images when exporting.
    Last edited by sedgetone; November 24th, 2021 at 20:54.

You need to click the export image in addition to ref manual.

Many thanks everyone, for all the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Are you by any chance trying to load the exported module in the campaign you're building it in? If so, create a clean campaign and use that for loading the exported module. I was caught out with similar issues when I started using Author. Click Reference and Images when exporting.
    OK cool, yes that was indeed the problem. I didn't have to create a clean campaign though, I just needed to start a 2nd instance of FGU and join my Ultimate Host. Viewing the Library reference as a pseudo-player from that 2nd instance, all of the images display correctly.

In answer to some of the other questions, the images have always displayed correctly from the link in my stories and yes I've been careful not to have anything but plain vanilla formatting on those link entries. For my latest export I did include the images, and they are in that pseudo-players Images listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So as you hint at above (I think) you need to import the images into your campaign (by whichever method you prefer) and then drag the link icon from the images list (not assets) and drop it into your story entry.
    Yes, that's exactly what I've been doing for all of my images. I thought I was being clear in my post when I stated this:
    "For the images I'm linking, I previously copied the graphic file for each to my \campaignname\Images folder and created an image record for them via Assets > Images."
    But I guess my writing wasn't as explanatory there as I hoped it was.

This new functionality with the reference manual builder is amazing!

Is there a way to tell Author via a Story if something is 2 column or picture and column and picture etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post

Is there a way to tell Author via a Story if something is 2 column or picture and column and picture etc.?
    No, without using a markup language that would clutter up the story entries it's not possible.

The new Author will import the story entries into Builder and there you can do all of the fancy work (once you've got all your story entries done). You'll have to use the Test channel to see how it works or wait until the new Core release comes out in a week or two.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    No, without using a markup language that would clutter up the story entries it's not possible.

The new Author will import the story entries into Builder and there you can do all of the fancy work (once you've got all your story entries done). You'll have to use the Test channel to see how it works or wait until the new Core release comes out in a week or two.
    Yeah I'm in Test most of the time these days.
    Easy enough to do the markup after, just wondered if there was a hidden feature in Author.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post

FG-AuthorDev.png
    I'm building out the Keeper reference for the Call of Cthulhu adventure Highway Of Blood using the current dev version. It works beautifully and as you can see I've got image side by side with text.
    Last edited by sedgetone; November 26th, 2021 at 18:05.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    FG-AuthorDev.png
    I'm building out the Keeper reference for the Call of Cthulhu adventure Highway Of Blood using the current dev version. It works beautifully and as you can see I've got image side by side with text.
    Nice work! However I was referring to some thing in a Story entry that would tell Author to make a 2 column page in the ref manual.

Thread Information