5E Character Create Playlist
Page 48 of 59 First ... 38464748495058 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I am investigating some possible conflict with Author and two rulesets I develop: Genesys and Star Wars FFG, but the code for Author is in the vault and as such, cannot be opened.

I wonder if the author of the author (heh) could let me know which (if at all) are the xml and lua files from CoreRPG that are being replaced or merged?

That would help a lot in my investigation.

Thanks
    It might be best to report what errors you are experiencing and why you think there is conflict. I can't speak for sharing the product, but providing more information could lead to a speedier resolution.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It might be best to report what errors you are experiencing and why you think there is conflict. I can't speak for sharing the product, but providing more information could lead to a speedier resolution.
    The main issue is probably with both my ruleset and author replacing a script that executes the actual export:
    utility/scripts/export.lua

I had to add a few lines to a function in that script.

I will probably either have to instruct people not to use author when they need to use the export feature from my rulesets, and reactivate author when they want to do use its features,
    or I will have to implement a different window to handle the backup/restore of some data nodes, separate from the export utility.

I will probably either have to instruct people not to use author
    I sure as hell hope this isn't the case. I cannot describe the amount of work I've put into my Star War module - TWICE, since Damned wouldn't fix the old one - and if I can't use author with it.... That would just be depressing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I sure as hell hope this isn't the case. I cannot describe the amount of work I've put into my Star War module - TWICE, since Damned wouldn't fix the old one - and if I can't use author with it.... That would just be depressing to say the least.
    Oh dont worry, I think I expressed poorly.
    This is what I mean:

You can perfectly use Author with StarWarsFFG and Genesys.
    The issue will happen in case you want to use the feature I created in the Export utility that allows you to generate a library that will not contain information from the description fields in all different records (just like the libraries sevrick shares).

If you look at the /export in both Gen/SW rulesets, you will notice I added an option to check on/off exporting description fields.
    The way FG works with exporting, there is no easy way to do it, so what I had to do is:

When it starts exporting, it will:
    1 - use the new backup feature from the ruleset and backup all descriptions from the campaign
    2 - remove all descriptions
    3 - export the module
    4 - restore all backed up descriptions

So I had to customize the export script from Core, to do steps 1,2 and 4

It seems author also modifies the same script, and when it is enabled, it means that my customization on the script is not executed

Maybe another way for me to work on the ruleset would be to move steps 1,2 and 4 to the Backup Descriptions database window itself, and not touching the export utility script/window

So if people decided they wanted to export data from all records (talents, skills, etca) without descriptions, they would:
    - go the BackupDescriptions window, and choose a new button maybe called "Backup and remove descriptions"
    - use /export and export their data + author if they want
    - go to BackupDescriptions window, and restore descriptions

It should work fine, I only need to make sure there is no way for people to get confused and misuse this and end up losing their descriptions

Dont worry... there is always a way

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Subscribe to it on the Forge and it will download automatically.
    On the FG screen when you select your campaign also select the Author extension.
    Thank you Mr. Damned. It worked just as you advised.

Be well

Dont worry... there is always a way
    Ok. I clearly didn't understand that correctly. Thank you! Author is a great great tool and I love using it. Like your rulesets!

used this extension for the first time in months and it doesnt import images to the Reference manual like it used to just a link

Im going to try the old pre forge version

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    used this extension for the first time in months and it doesnt import images to the Reference manual like it used to just a link

Im going to try the old pre forge version
    It does use inline images in FGU as long as you use the correct methods described in the first post.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

i had a look at the first post and I am not sure how its changed since classic with regard to images.

you can see from the screen shot how my story entry looks and what the reference manual looks like after export, What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    i had a look at the first post and I am not sure how its changed since classic with regard to images.

you can see from the screen shot how my story entry looks and what the reference manual looks like after export, What am I doing wrong?
    Looking at your story window in the example:
    You need an empty line before and after the image link, if you want it to show as an image(not a link) in the reference manual.

Thread Information