5E Character Create Playlist
Page 47 of 59 First ... 37454647484957 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Hi,

I have noticed that sublinks (Traits) of Races are not locked when using the /author lock all (FGU)
    I tested in 2E and it works. What ruleset? Keep in mind that it's built around 2E/5E for locking. Other systems might/might not work due to structure of their data.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    So, with 46 pages to this post I'm just going to ask here hoping it isn't covered before. I made a full copy of the BECMI Rules Cyclopedia, but when I export it the Classes does not get created. Looking closely at the Export window, there is no option to select Classes for export. Is this an issue with MoreCore, or with Author?

I don't use MoreCore so can't say for certain... but that data is populated by the ruleset/extensions. If the record type doesn't exist then it won't show. I don't see a record_classes.xml in the campaign code section of MoreCore tho.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn
    So, with 46 pages to this post I'm just going to ask here hoping it isn't covered before. I made a full copy of the BECMI Rules Cyclopedia, but when I export it the Classes does not get created. Looking closely at the Export window, there is no option to select Classes for export. Is this an issue with MoreCore, or with Author?
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I don't use MoreCore so can't say for certain... but that data is populated by the ruleset/extensions. If the record type doesn't exist then it won't show. I don't see a record_classes.xml in the campaign code section of MoreCore tho.
    You missed the obvious answer.
    The issue is with the OSE extension.
    It seems the OSE Dev is no longer maintaining it - i did a couple of fixes last month to it.
    If you repost there I will try and make some time to look at it in lieu of the developer.

Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate(updated fully)
    DnD 5E ruleset(updated fully)
    Author 5.10 as only extension

I no longer get a reference document exported even though everything is set up following the outline in the original post.

I do however still get reference documents for modules exported from the VTM ruleset.

Thoughts, or suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate(updated fully)
    DnD 5E ruleset(updated fully)
    Author 5.10 as only extension

I no longer get a reference document exported even though everything is set up following the outline in the original post.

I do however still get reference documents for modules exported from the VTM ruleset.

Thoughts, or suggestions welcome.
    Create story entries in each group/category how you wish them to appear in each chapter. If no story entries are in a group/category it will not create a ref-man.
    Last edited by celestian; September 20th, 2021 at 16:17.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Found the problem!

When I first exported the module the stories where not broken up into their respective groups. Every time I exported my updated work, the data transfered over as should be, but the reference manual would not populate.

Deleted the original module, and exported a new module with the updated information. This creates the ref doc with no issues.

Thanks for the response. I am unable to download because I can't run the .ext file. Wondering if I am being dense. LOL

Blog Entries
    Subscribe to it on the Forge and it will download automatically.
    On the FG screen when you select your campaign also select the Author extension.

I am investigating some possible conflict with Author and two rulesets I develop: Genesys and Star Wars FFG, but the code for Author is in the vault and as such, cannot be opened.

I wonder if the author of the author (heh) could let me know which (if at all) are the xml and lua files from CoreRPG that are being replaced or merged?

That would help a lot in my investigation.

Thanks

Thread Information