STAR TREK 2d20
Page 44 of 59 First ... 34424344454654 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Yeah I didn't want have to export the story entries but rely on the reference library.
    First, export your existing content campaign. Make sure your include "Story Reference" in exported data.

Then you load that module in your content campaign, load the story entry you want to create links in and link them to the Story Reference entry. To list the Story reference entries you need to view them from the Library->Module Name->Story Reference.

Once you've linked to those you export again and the new module will contain valid links. The reason is those Story reference entries will maintain the same IDs for the most part unless you start deleting/adding newones/etc.

Story Reference entries do not show up in the Story list. It's hidden, specifically for this purpose. I use the same method on the 2E PHB.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    First, export your existing content campaign. Make sure your include "Story Reference" in exported data.

Then you load that module in your content campaign, load the story entry you want to create links in and link them to the Story Reference entry. To list the Story reference entries you need to view them from the Library->Module Name->Story Reference.

Once you've linked to those you export again and the new module will contain valid links. The reason is those Story reference entries will maintain the same IDs for the most part unless you start deleting/adding newones/etc.

Story Reference entries do not show up in the Story list. It's hidden, specifically for this purpose. I use the same method on the 2E PHB.
    Ok that works thx. It's a little convoluted but whatever gets it done.

Woh major issue with latest update. It's deleting my images after exporting my module. Right out of the campaign folder. I had the folder open to see if it was indeed happening after exporting.
    Last edited by sevrick; May 23rd, 2021 at 02:38.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Ok that works thx. It's a little convoluted but whatever gets it done.
    As I said, it's a bit tricky.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Do you know why my images are being deleted after exporting a module?

Its has to be something unique to your setup. I have exported several modules today out of FGC with no issues. I checked after I saw this thread.

Whatever was causing it seems to have stopped now.

I know this will be kind of a stupid question, but, how do I use the contents in https://github.com/CelestianGC/fg-author-ext and make them an ext file, I've tried to just .rar the content and then change the extension to .ext, but it doesn't seem to work that way, can someone please help? =)

Quote Originally Posted by lordcygnus View Post
    I know this will be kind of a stupid question, but, how do I use the contents in https://github.com/CelestianGC/fg-author-ext and make them an ext file, I've tried to just .rar the content and then change the extension to .ext, but it doesn't seem to work that way, can someone please help? =)
    Use the extension download link on the first post in the thread here. Github is not for users, it's for devs.
    ---

In FGU if I export reference manuals, Images are shown as links in RM and not as images...any idea?
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Thread Information