FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 31 of 59 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Its FG Classic - the exported module is in the FG modules directory, it just does not appear in the Modules section on the table. Previous version (non Author) do show up on the table. I have exited the program every time, not just return to launcher.

Ruleset is 5e - Players Handbook, DMG, and MM only, and Gwydions Simple Traps mod.

I will make another export now with a completely random name and report back.

I know you're not developing for UNITY, but I did find that rulesets created with the Author program have an issue with Images that use the a "&" symbol. It uses the character reference for the file pathway but not the referenced filename (I just renamed my image files). I don't know lua but when I coded for other languages I created a Sanatiz function and sent all text, pathways, and user inputs through it and had it swap out characters. (Probably not needed here as you already change half of the text characters for pathways & display names).
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    If you want, send the one you were having issues with to me via PM. I can take a look for you.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    FGU? If so Author is "experimental" there. I have not run extensive tests there simply because the platform is changing to much for me to spend cycles on it right now.

If not FGU, check the name you exported it with (not the filename).

Make sure you are running the same ruleset when trying to load it (exports are set to only show to same ruleset exported from).

To be clear, "/reload" or back to "launcher" is not a restart. You exit FG entirely.

That's my debug tips. More than likely it's there you just are not finding the name you gave it.
    Created it with a different name and selected export everything. It works - but the first map (all the others are fine) generates Database Error: image: Invalid file - the filename is missing the & sign - wouldnt think that should be a problem but I can rename the file.
    All the story entries etc are fine, but it has left all the numbers. The format I use is 00.00.00 - should I change it to 000.000?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Created it with a different name and selected export everything. It works - but the first map (all the others are fine) generates Database Error: image: Invalid file - the filename is missing the & sign - wouldnt think that should be a problem but I can rename the file.
    All the story entries etc are fine, but it has left all the numbers. The format I use is 00.00.00 - should I change it to 000.000?
    Story entries will not be altered, reference manual entries will have it removed. If the numbers/etc are removed from the Story record entries the order they appear in as a story would not be persistent.

I wasn't aware of the & in the filename of images issue. I'll review and see if that is something that Author is doing or otherwise.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Story entries will not be altered, reference manual entries will have it removed. If the numbers/etc are removed from the Story record entries the order they appear in as a story would not be persistent.

I wasn't aware of the & in the filename of images issue. I'll review and see if that is something that Author is doing or otherwise.
    File name might be a WINE thing - I renamed it and its fine now.

The Reference manual for the module is completely blank, apart from Reference across the top and a search bar bottom left. I'll come back to this in a few weeks and let you focus on FGU, because thats the one we really need
    Thanks.

I had the issue with the "&" symbol in the images filename on a Windows 10 system, (I don't think it's a OS specific issue). It occured with every filename that had it. I just did the lazy fix and renamed "&" to "and" on my files.

I should note that the created module would load just fine in Fantasy Grounds Classic, it would just error in Unity until I renamed the image files.
    (Really liking the plugin btw.)
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    File name might be a WINE thing - I renamed it and its fine now.

The Reference manual for the module is completely blank, apart from Reference across the top and a search bar bottom left. I'll come back to this in a few weeks and let you focus on FGU, because thats the one we really need
    Thanks.
    Sounds like you didn't put story entries into a Story group/category. Check out the first post where it talks about where "chapters" come from.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    I had the issue with the "&" symbol in the images filename on a Windows 10 system, (I don't think it's a OS specific issue). It occured with every filename that had it. I just did the lazy fix and renamed "&" to "and" on my files.

I should note that the created module would load just fine in Fantasy Grounds Classic, it would just error in Unity until I renamed the image files.
    (Really liking the plugin btw.)
    That you might want to report in the Unity/FGU forum. If it works in FGC it is "suppose" to work in FGU (if not we're suppose to letm know so they can get it working).

Does the error come up when you load the reference manual or when you try and open the image (from assets) in FGU? If the latter then thats definitely a problem with FGU and means even a export w/o Author would cause the same.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That you might want to report in the Unity/FGU forum. If it works in FGC it is "suppose" to work in FGU (if not we're suppose to letm know so they can get it working).

Does the error come up when you load the reference manual or when you try and open the image (from assets) in FGU? If the latter then thats definitely a problem with FGU and means even a export w/o Author would cause the same.[/QUOTE]

The error occurred when the module itself was loading, causing it to fail altogether and not load the module.

For testing purposes I recreated the steps earlier that caused things not to load. I created a file with the & symbol (rose & test.jpg) and added it to the images that are exported with the mod file.

I went ahead and copied the relevant section in the db.xml file as created in Classic
    [CODE]<bitmap>rose & test.jpg</bitmap>
    <name type="string">rose & test</name>/CODE]

I was curious and for comparison reasons I then created the module from scratch in Unity and noticed it already converts the & symbol.
    Code:
    <bitmap>images/rose &amp; test.jpg</bitmap>
    <name>rose &amp; test.jpg</name>
    Note: I'm not saying it's a fault of the Author program, just noting that there's an issue. My lazy fix was to just rename the files. A person could also manually update their db file.

Other than that I see 3 fixes:
    * Request an Update on Classic to convert & on image import
    * Request an Update on Unity to ignore the non converted & symbol like classic
    * Update Author to convert & symbols to &amp; on export.

These are 2 ideas on how to add a fix in-house so to speak.

The convert symbols could be done in 3 steps. ( string.gsub(s, pattern, replace) )
    * Convert all instances of "&" to "&"
    * Convert all instances of "&amp;" to "&"
    and lastly now that ALL symbols have been converted to the "&" symbol do one last conversion.
    * Convert all instances of "&" to "&amp;"
    Note:This depends on the & symbol not being a used operator in the output text... which I think is the case here.

Another option would be to find the location within the string for any instance "&" and then to see what if the next 4 characters = "amp;" or ="#38;" If it didn't meet the criteria then cut the string at that instance, add the necessary text and append the remaining text and continue the character search

[UPDATE] I am going to put in a request on UNITY, the issue is very much an issue on how CLASSIC imports image names and exports the database file. The fix should be implemented at the Fantasy Grounds level.
    Last edited by zombielord; May 13th, 2020 at 19:25.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    The & needs to be encoded in both clients...its an actual entity in XML, so if its not encoded it will throw errors. Either the &amp; or "&# 38;"

The issue is that the Classic client does not adhere strictly to the ISO-8859-1 character set due to a design choice made by the original developers.
    Last edited by Mortar; May 13th, 2020 at 20:45.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information