5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 30 of 59 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Awesome! Should I finish my current module before updating or is it safe enough to update?
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    Awesome! Should I finish my current module before updating or is it safe enough to update?
    Always backup your campaign before applying a new extension or FG update.

Other than the new options/fixes Author 5.05 does not change any previous behavior.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Always backup your campaign before applying a new extension or FG update.

Other than the new options/fixes Author 5.05 does not change any previous behavior.
    I do (all in git) but do not always keep a previous version of the ext files, etc. Thanks!
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

I am having a bit of a theme problem with a mod file created using this. What is the font that is used for the reference headers? ( In the example image it is the font callout for "Upper Level", I need to change it's color and the related ttf / fgf files.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    I am having a bit of a theme problem with a mod file created using this. What is the font that is used for the reference headers? ( In the example image it is the font callout for "Upper Level", I need to change it's color and the related ttf / fgf files.)
    Author doesn't touch fonts, particularly there, that's a reference manual font and dependent on the ruleset/theme.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I had theme issue with files created with Author, and I was trying to find the specific font referenced so I can add it to a theme so I thought I'd ask here if someone new that specific referenced font.
    I did find the specific section referenced though and it is: font name="reference-chapter"
    Thank you for your reply.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    I had theme issue with files created with Author, and I was trying to find the specific font referenced so I can add it to a theme so I thought I'd ask here if someone new that specific referenced font.
    I did find the specific section referenced though and it is: font name="reference-chapter"
    Thank you for your reply.
    These are all managed in either your ruleset or in CoreRPG

Can you add some frame type command lines? Having a command line option to affect any/all object records would be beneficial especially if you have many entries you want to change back to a certain frame type (or removing the frame type - aka the empty frame type).

/author emptyframe [all|name] - removes frame type from object records

or to expand on that, perhaps something like...

/author frame-empty [all|name] (or maybe more appropriately: /author frame-default [all|name] )
    /author frame-none [all|name]
    /author frame-yellow [all|name]
    etc...

Unless you can add multiple command line options (I'm unaware of FG's restrictions in this case) so that in effect:

/author frame <frametype> [all|name]

so possible examples would be

/author frame default all
    /author frame green 000.001.1
    /author frame page 000.002.1,000.002.2,000.002.3
    /author frame book 004.001.1-004.001.99

etc.
    Anyway, just some thoughts.

I exported a module without this extension - worked fine. After seeing Rob2e module creation video where he mentioned this I thought I would give it a try. It exports fine and the module is in the FG mod folder. But It doesnt show up in Modules like the standard FG exported module does. Am I missing something?
    I did exit FG and restart it, a couple of times, and tried exporting ALL and just the stuff I created etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I exported a module without this extension - worked fine. After seeing Rob2e module creation video where he mentioned this I thought I would give it a try. It exports fine and the module is in the FG mod folder. But It doesnt show up in Modules like the standard FG exported module does. Am I missing something?
    I did exit FG and restart it, a couple of times, and tried exporting ALL and just the stuff I created etc.
    FGU? If so Author is "experimental" there. I have not run extensive tests there simply because the platform is changing to much for me to spend cycles on it right now.

If not FGU, check the name you exported it with (not the filename).

Make sure you are running the same ruleset when trying to load it (exports are set to only show to same ruleset exported from).

To be clear, "/reload" or back to "launcher" is not a restart. You exit FG entirely.

That's my debug tips. More than likely it's there you just are not finding the name you gave it.
    ---

Thread Information