5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 26 of 59 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

My mistake! Thanks all for the speedy replies! I thought the ruleset was built on CoreRPG.

Here is the "unity" functional test version of Author. I won't post it as official until FGU has been stabilized in development.

This runs and I can export. I've run preliminary testing tho not extensive. If you notice something different from how this runs on FGC be sure to let me know.

(removed attachment)
    Last edited by celestian; January 20th, 2020 at 18:11.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Here is the "unity" functional test version of Author. I won't post it as official until FGU has been stabilized in development.

This runs and I can export. I've run preliminary testing tho not extensive. If you notice something different from how this runs on FGC be sure to let me know.
    I just noticed that the frames do not seem to get added in ref-manuals when exported within FGU. Not sure why yet, I'll report it for FGU/FGC differences but... FYI.
    Last edited by celestian; November 9th, 2019 at 01:21.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to ask a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to center the text like you did for the header ("The Ruins of the Moathouse") in the following image.

MNOfTzt.png

So what am I missing?
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by morgurth View Post
    I'm going to ask a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to center the text like you did for the header ("The Ruins of the Moathouse") in the following image.

MNOfTzt.png

So what am I missing?
    Early on I had a "header" frame type that I had to remove for other issues. Thats' what allowed it to center. This is what it looks like now w/o that.

So, it's not you, it's just not possible with the current version.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Thanks! It was driving me crazy. Is there some tag I can manually add to the client.xml file to do it after module creation?
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by morgurth View Post
    Thanks! It was driving me crazy. Is there some tag I can manually add to the client.xml file to do it after module creation?
    Manually change the blocktype to "header".
    ---

I just noticed that the frames do not seem to get added in ref-manuals when exported within FGU. Not sure why yet, I'll report it for FGU/FGC differences but... FYI.
    So, ignore this report. It was false ;( Dingus didn't put any text in the story entries so of course the block entry was not getting populated.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Manually change the blocktype to "header".
    If I do that, I get an error. It doesn't like the formattedtext part. What did I do wrong?

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (text) in windowclass (referencemanualtextblock)
    Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_blocklayoutmanager.lua"]:189: attempt to index local 'ctrl' (a nil value)

Code:
    <block000>
    	<align type="string">center</align>
    	<blocktype type="string">header</blocktype>
    	<frame type="string">text5</frame>
    	<text type="formattedtext">
    		<p>Some random header words here</p>
            </text>
    </block000>
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    You are telling it to use a header blocktype and a text5 frame at the same time. Heade text if I remember correctly is "string" and not "formattedtext."

Ideally, your code should be similar to this:

Code:
    <block_01>
    		<blocktype type="string">header</blocktype>
    		<text type="string">Players Handbook</text>
    	</block_01>
    Next block would be your text or image.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information