DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 59 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Let's hope they fix this bug soon
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Let's hope they fix this bug soon
    I wouldn't expect it to be. It seems to be a feature in CoreRPG w/o anything added. I would test that by add spaces to Story names and then save and close FG. When I restarted FG with that campaign all the spaces in the Story name were removed.

I wasn't wanting to have to alter the CoreRPG code in that way so went with _'s instead for indention in ref-manuals.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

It is not a bug, it is a feature
    I think, if this was intended as feature, it was implemented way before we had reference manuals and your extension that is doing such kind of parsing. Now it bug. Also I would consider it as a bug in all cases, because there shouldn't be something that modify the user made context without upfront notification. For example I wanted to use indentation for purely visual help in the Story articles in exported module. With that - it is not possible.

Time will tell. Until thank - thank you for the workaround provided.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Since XML shares a lot of characteristics with HTML, this is behavior I would expect. When you load a web page in your browser, the rendering engine ignores extra white space. This is why we have tags like <br />, for example, because you can't just hit enter when creating the page and expect to have an extra linefeed. So it's not really a bug or a feature. It's just the way it works.

Walkin

I was just going a large reference module and only half my images imported in to the manual as images rather than clickable links. After reading this thread and looking at iti notice the images that weren't getting imported are the images that are placed after or before other encounter or parcel links, a blank line seems to sort the problem out

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I was just going a large reference module and only half my images imported in to the manual as images rather than clickable links. After reading this thread and looking at iti notice the images that weren't getting imported are the images that are placed after or before other encounter or parcel links, a blank line seems to sort the problem out
    correct. it must be the only linked object on the line. I might tweak it in the future but right now the text matching is a pain otherwise.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

is this how you are not getting both the DM's and players version in the Reference manual in N1?

is this how you are not getting both the DM's and players version in the Reference manual in N1?
    not sure what you mean. toggle the player module and they will see it by default. w/o that flag on export they wont.
    ---

i missed out a crucial word" DM's and player's maps" eg in the reference manual for N1 i think you can only see one set of maps as images presumably the DM's version

i missed out a crucial word" DM's and player's maps" eg in the reference manual for N1 i think you can only see one set of maps as images presumably the DM's version
    The names are there for the benefit of the DM so he knows the DM maps have secret, traps/etc. You still have to share the image with the players for them to be able to see it.
    ---

Thread Information