DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 59 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Update 3.4:

This update improves the keyword fields exported into ref-manuals. This makes searches work better. It removes words like "the, or, and, an, it, is" and punctuation/etc. Previously the keyword field was populated by using the story entry's entire name.
    Update (bugfix):

So, slight bug. I was using a function I have within AD&D Core that I did not have in the extension. I've added the function to the extension in 3.5 version that is now up.

Apologies and thanks to @rob2e for reporting.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I wanted to ask for us really really NEW people here...Can you write the instructions step by step on how to use this?

Quote Originally Posted by KILLGORE View Post
    I wanted to ask for us really really NEW people here...Can you write the instructions step by step on how to use this?
    The first post did that mostly I thought. Did you run into a problem?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KILLGORE View Post
    Are you so new that you don’t know how to export a module without this extension? Because, as mentioned, the first post covers it pretty clearly, especially if you know how a regular module export happens.

I used it for the first time last weekend but I know the export function well and it was intuitive to use otherwise.

Essentially, grab the file, save in your extension folder, add the extension to your project in the load screen and then export and choose ref manual in the list. You need at least one group and there is a tick box to indicate chapter heads.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Yeah I have no idea.... Its cool ill just do something else thanks for the help.
    Last edited by KILLGORE; October 30th, 2018 at 02:44.

Blog Entries
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-Video-Series

Look at the last video in the list in the first post. It explains how to export into a module.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

It's not actually what I was looking for. I wanted to do the opposite, by creating story entries from a PDF. Sorry to bother the thread, its not what I was looking to do.

Blog Entries
    You can extract the text and cut and paste. That is the usual way.

I just want to say, celestian, that this extension is an absolute home run and a beautiful thing to use once I got used to it! Well done!

PS: If I just export the Reference Manual without the story entries, will it create a clean reference book without all the extra clutter or are those two things tied together?
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

If you don't export the Story section along with the Reference Manual in the /export options, no story entries will be created. If you export them at the same time, what you have in the working library will be also in the module. If you have empty pages that are used for the Ref.Man's structure, you will have to manually clean them up in the xml database after the export.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information