Starfinder Playlist
Page 36 of 59 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLP38 View Post
    If you can see a way in the picture I uploaded to make this layout better please let me know.
    Not sure what you are referring to. You have only sub-chapters in chapters. If you're referring to the indented listing then simply use the underscore option (see first post for details).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Don't know if this is an Author question or just general FG question but how do you get inline images and text (like the attached image) in the Reference Manual?

inline.pnginline2.png
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; November 17th, 2020 at 12:48.

Thanks.

I added second image to my first post. Same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLP38 View Post
    If you can see a way in the picture I uploaded to make this layout better please let me know.
    Hi Stylin

You can combine those chat boxes into one chat box with extra line breaks. If you're working in FG Unity, you can do this by using shift+enter to make the line break instead of just enter. In FG Classic, you have to use a less friendly method. What I do is remove the line feeds from the text that will be in the chat box, then add in paragraph markers - ¶ - where I want the line breaks. Then I close FG, load db.xml into np++, and run my macro to find/replace the ¶ symbols with ... this will add two line breaks, so depending on the appearance I'm after I may have to go back and remove one of them.

SLS

Quote Originally Posted by ssides View Post
    Hi Stylin

You can combine those chat boxes into one chat box with extra line breaks. If you're working in FG Unity, you can do this by using shift+enter to make the line break instead of just enter. In FG Classic, you have to use a less friendly method.
    SLS
    Right now Author does not fully support FGU, specifically inline images in general. The images API has changed dramatically from FGC and still has some functionality that has yet to be developed so that I can make this work in FGU as it does in FGC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Just to confirm, there is no way to have a story entry in-between a chapter and a sub-chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Just to confirm, there is no way to have a story entry in-between a chapter and a sub-chapter?
    No, each chapter will always have a subchapter, if there is not one it will create one from the first story. This is to ensure sanity in generating the output for the ref-manual.
    ---

Project Author Assistance

I am brand new to using Author and am trying to steer away from using notepadd++ to design my modules. I am a bit confused as to how to design a reference manual using author. I found one brief tutorial video for author but it wasn't enough to help me fully understand this extension. Do any of you know of any guides detailing how to make ref pages? I know how to make chapters and subchapters but am unsure how to organize pages to have pictures and fancy framing. I see there is a "frame" option in the fresh story window that allows me to select a frame type but when I click an option I don't see anything. Is there a way I can preview my work as I go?

Thread Information