Starfinder Playlist
Page 14 of 59 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I just want to say, celestian, that this extension is an absolute home run and a beautiful thing to use once I got used to it! Well done!

PS: If I just export the Reference Manual without the story entries, will it create a clean reference book without all the extra clutter or are those two things tied together?
    You should be able to export w/o stories. If the Story entries do not have any links to other stories then it should be ok. If you need to have a link to another Story entry within a Story you need to export the Story entries.

Hopefully that's clear as mud ;')
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I've put together a short 5 minute(ish) video on how to use Author.

https://youtu.be/x5J00YBZ8Cc

Hopefully that gives a bit more insight on what it does and how to use it for those folks needing it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    I find it funny that in the table input thread (I use that extension like crazy), I asked for a reference manual extension. I am now using this excellent extension all the time.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; December 22nd, 2018 at 14:10.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

update 3.7:
    * FG 3.3.7 updates (removed click A to select/deselect all).
    * FG 3.3.7 update also corrected API issue of exporting duplicate image files.
    * More fine tuning of keyword fields for searching.
    Last edited by celestian; December 31st, 2018 at 23:31.
    ---

Update 3.8:

Added support for indent.

To use indent you need to add space in the name of the Story matching how many indention you want.

A normal entry looks like this "03.23 Fighter Abilities".

There is a single space between the leading numbers and "Fighter Abilities". That will NOT generate any indention.

"03.24 Ranger"

Note the 2 spaces between 03.24 and "Ranger". For each additional space more than 1 an additional indention will be added.

Here is a example of how it looks when used.

---

After I re-worked some old Reference Manuals and used Author to export the content, I have the following suggestion to further improve this excellent and time-saving extension (because nobody likes to directly edit XML, JSON or YAML files!!!):

• Make the indentation in story article's title to be taken into account in the reference manual if this is explicitly stated. There can be second checkbox next to the one for Chapter to enable this feature.

Why I think this can be of great help - When I make module I add indentation in the stories' titles so everything is nicely arranged when you open the Story library. The hierarchical structure is not always needed to be the same in the reference manual, where we have chapters and sub-chapters. Therefore the indentation should be optional when exporting to reference manual if possible. This will give even more design options to content creators and won't require extra time to modify the XML file to adjust this or that.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    When I make module I add indentation in the stories' titles so everything is nicely arranged when you open the Story library.
    How does that look right now after being exported? I'm not talking about the reference manual side but Stories. I'm not really sure I understand.
    ---

Everything is OK with the current extension. I am not reporting bugs... I merely state that it might be good idea for more flexibility of the authors to make the indenting articles in the exported RefMan optional.

This way I can have the Story articles nicely arranged with indenting and the reference manual without this, because it has Chapter/Sub-Chapter as layout tools.

For example: Add second check-box that takes into account the spaces in the title of the story entries and makes it the same in the RefManual. If box is not checked, the export in RefMan is as before - no indentation.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

So, had sometime to work on tweaking Author a bit and I was able to include "frames" for text blocks. It wasn't actually that hard but I was also trying to put a frame around images which apparently can't be done. DOH!

Here is a sample. I'm still pondering how to handle how the frame type is set... this is one from CoreRPG so should work with everything.

---

Thread Information