Starfinder Playlist
Page 34 of 59 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Update 5.06

• Added Drag/drop records in master-index (from text) will now include a tag on dropped links.

This will let you drag links from within the records index list (from the TEXT) and it will pre-pend a tag. "Npc: Orc" instead of just Orc. It will do the same for all records.

If you do not wish to have those tags, drag from the "link button" and not the record name text.

Should be useful when working with content conversion and tagging in story entries. Got tired of having to edit every link I dropped .
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    update 4.13:
    • Added deeper level of nested un/locking for 5E classes (features, specializations/etc).
    • Added bulk chapter/story entry creation (beta).
    • Updated "all" keyword to use data library for current ruleset, not static list.
    • Cleaned up keyword entries added during ref-manual creation.

The bulk chapter/story creation is experimental. FG doesn't like bulk creation of nodes so you have to be cautious on how you use it. I wouldn't recommend creating 10 chapters with 100 story entries in each. 1 chapter with 100 storys might be ok but... use at your own risk. Save your campaign files and back them up. To use it click on the weight icon while in edit mode for Story records.
    Hi Celestian:

Like so many others, I want to add my thanks for all the time, effort and hard work you've put into your tools.

That said, I'm running into some confusion specifically with the Bulk entry Creator. If I remember to use it at the start of a project, it works perfectly. the issue i'm running into is if I have a group already selected, and try to use the Bulk Creator Button, the new entries are created in a new group, so far, I have not been able to bulk create entries and have them added to the currently selected group. The entries ARE created, but they are always created as entries in a newly created group.

Would there be a way to create a button selection that forces Author to create entries and put them into whatever group is currently selected in FG?
    Any and all help would be appreciated!

The bulk creator is very simple tool to create "groups" to throw stories into by number. You cannot create a group and then bulk create into that group unless it's simply a number and you match that number by using the correct fields in the options menu. What I do is make the chapter/story entries and then I rename the chapter/group to what I wanted it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Celestian, nice work. Question: I have added everything from my project to the export. When I open the mod in FG, while there is an entry for Reference Manual, the manual is blank. Any known issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilidarius View Post
    Celestian, nice work. Question: I have added everything from my project to the export. When I open the mod in FG, while there is an entry for Reference Manual, the manual is blank. Any known issues?
    Stories were not put into groups.
    Last edited by celestian; August 30th, 2020 at 22:21.
    ---

Ah, they were uncategorized. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilidarius View Post
    Ah, they were uncategorized. Thanks!
    It's a pretty common mistake and I think it's mentioned. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in the instructional post but I've not looked over it in a while.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Update 5.06

• Added Drag/drop records in master-index (from text) will now include a tag on dropped links.

This will let you drag links from within the records index list (from the TEXT) and it will pre-pend a tag. "Npc: Orc" instead of just Orc. It will do the same for all records.

If you do not wish to have those tags, drag from the "link button" and not the record name text.

Should be useful when working with content conversion and tagging in story entries. Got tired of having to edit every link I dropped .
    Any chance this feature could be enhanced to work when linking entries to a story item? I feel that this would be of great help when converting a module into fg, for the same reason you've listed...

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
    Any chance this feature could be enhanced to work when linking entries to a story item? I feel that this would be of great help when converting a module into fg, for the same reason you've listed...
    Not sure what you're asking for that isn't already there. These tags ARE used in Story and anywhere else you drag them if you drag it as indicated above.
    ---

Not sure if this has already been asked and/or answered. But when someone is creating an official product, how is the reference manual created? What process or program?

## Please disregard. I found my answer. But I am now wondering if anyone has created an 'offline' editor for this that will do this specific formatting.
    Last edited by i3ullseye; September 28th, 2020 at 04:23.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Thread Information