5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Potential buyer/new player

Hail and well met!

I am this close, (holding up a forefinger and thumb almost touching) to buying FG. (At least the lite version.)

I am interested in a campaign or one-off where a veteran or two of FG will have the patience to show a newbie the ropes.

I have been roleplaying since 1978. Started off with the granddaddy D&D (before there was even a basic/expert/advanced...when being an elf was a class) and have played dozens of systems since. I have played almost every week for almost 30 years now. (I took a brief unwanted vacation when my regular gaming group picked up Warhammer Fantasy Battles back in 2001. I missed my roleplay though and we started RP'ing again back last fall.)

I am currently sharing duties GM'ing a Warhammer RPG (V2) campaign, but I am missing something. I enjoy gaming with my long time friends, but bless'em, they are pretty much hack'n'slash 'roll'players. Nothing against that kind of gaming, and I do enjoy it, but I think I am looking for a little more 'role'play.
    (Don't get me wrong though. I do enjoy action. If I had to divide it mathematically, I would say 60% 'roleplay' & 40% 'rollplay' is what I would prefer.)

I'm 36, married, 2 kids, house, yard etc. I teach Advanced Placement European history and coach my high school's fencing team. I can play one or two weeknights a week, normally 9 PM and after. (Wednesday's are good, weekends are not.)

I am looking for a D&D campaign. I am old Greyhawk man myself, so I know that world backwards and forwards. I have a passing familiarity (some would say contempt..sorry. I'm old school early 80's D&D) of Forgotten Realms, and I have read up on Eberron but have never played there, but I am willing to game just about anywhere. I do have all the core V3.0 D&D books, but no 3.5.

So, if you have read this far and think I might fit in your group or campaign, reply here or send me an email at [email protected].

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. One of the things about online play is it is important to be in a time zone close to the other players. You would probably get more responses if you mentioned what time zone you are in.

Also, you might wish to check out the campaign page which lists some open games. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/

Just to be exact, you have to be available at the same time. Which time zone is really irrelevant. This is why older posts will refer to GMT, which is the standard time zone. If everyone uses one time zone as a reference, it doesn't matter which time zone you are in as long as you are available at the correct time. If some of you play in the morning and some in the evening, no big deal.

Using GMT seems to have "slipped" from the community norm somewhat and I would encourage bringing it back. It is easy to work with and much better to say "you have to be available during a particular time period" than telling half the world they "can't play in your game", even if they keep the kind of hours that would let them play.

I'm posting this note here, but am not singling Griogre out. Others have done this same thing. To figure out time zones I use:

https://www.timeanddate.com/

Later.
    Ramza
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

I have some vacancies coming up on Friday and Sunday (PM me if interested) ... GMT 8pm to GMT 11pm ... Being in the same time zone does not matter (my games have players covering 4 different zones) as much as just simply being able to play atthe time the DM is running if you see what I mean ?

Doh...in editing my original post, I accidentally deleted the reference to my time zone.

I live in North Carolina, so that would be Eastern US (GMT-5 hours). I am available after 9 PM Eastern (2100 Eastern - 0200 GMT)

Sorry for the lack of information.

Thread Information