FG Spreadshirt Swag

Extension first-timer

Hey guys, Fantasy Grounds newb here, with what is probably a super-newb question to ask:

I've downloaded Lokiare's Window Saver extension as it sounds like it'll be super helpful for streamlining my campaigns. How do I actually get the extension to work?

EDIT: Figured it out now. Turns out I was dropping the .ext into the wrong folder, but now all is well!
    Last edited by MrD10de; January 5th, 2018 at 14:06.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome MrD10de
    Please do post your full solution for the next person who finds themselves in the same boat
    Shall do!

When first installing my extension, I had seen in a thread somewhere that the .ext file needed to be placed in an "Extensions" folder within the main Fantasy Grounds directory. I took this to mean the directory created within C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds, which (upon inspection) didn't have an "Extensions" folder, so I created one and put the extension into it. Sadly, no dice (pun completely intended). The extension didn't appear when I ran the Launcher and selected my ruleset.

To fix the problem and find the correct directory: within the FG Launcher (directly below the 'X' to close the program) there is a lovely little button with a folder icon which, when clicked, will take you to the main FG data folder (on Windows 10, the file path is C:/Users/<your user>/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds). In there, you'll find an "Extensions" folder ready and waiting - drop your extension into it, relaunch FG, select your ruleset, check the box to use the relevant extension and you're done

I imagine the same applies for modules, rulesets and any other data you may wish to import?

Quote Originally Posted by MrD10de View Post
    I imagine the same applies for modules, rulesets and any other data you may wish to import?
    Quite correct
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information