STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Effects in 5e for npc

Hi, I am not sure if it is the right forum but, is there any way to put a custom effects a npc and have listed as a spell.

Blog Entries
    What are you trying to do?

NPC can have either inate spellcasting or the spellcasting trait. You can also create new spells and list them under the spellcasting trait.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Hi purgator. I think your answer is mostly no you can't. Have a look at this post for information on how to word abilities on NPCs so that effects are automated. Also check out this extension which does allow some effects to be added to an NPC, and might help you.

If neither of these links is of any use then we'll need some further information as to what exactly you are trying to do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok more details on what I mean/want. Look at the ghoul for exemple, since they have (be paralyzed for 1 minute) in the claws action when you go to your combat tracker you have the condition/effect into the combat tracker to be drag on the target. For me the effect/condition is when the monster does not move he gains a bonus for that specific round. The extension you linked is really awesome , but it does not list it for me to use when it does not move instead it is always on. Unless i am using the extension wrong or did not read it right.
    Last edited by purgator; January 3rd, 2018 at 16:03.

I think you may be misdirecting yourself. The Ghoul's claw attack can come at any time during it's turn, it can move and attack; move attack and move again; or it can attack and then move; or it can just attack without moving. At any time that it makes the attack the target must make the save if the Ghoul hits it. In the case of this monster when you place it on the CT the attacks, save and effect are all there on the CT; so you don't need to do anything more or create anything else
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by purgator View Post
    For me the effect/condition is when the monster does not move he gains a bonus for that specific round.
    There is nothing that tracks whether a creature moves or not. Therefore you won't be able to automate applying an effect if a creature doesn't move. The most you can do is have an effect in the creature that you can apply manually. This will need to be auto generated from the trait/power wording - as FG parses the effects from the wording of these abilities.

What exactly is the trait/power wording? We may be able to make suggestions...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Zacchaeus, I used the ghoul exemple because it has in the same actions claws the hit roll, attack roll, the save roll ,and the drag and drop effect. I want to know if it is at all possible to do the same with a custom condition/effect. I would like to make it so that, when the said monster does not move on the round that he attack, I only have to drag and drop the custom effect from within the combat tracker as we can do with the ghoul. I have searched in the wiki without any success so far.

Trenloe, basicly the monster is an archer and when he does not move during a round that he uses an attack he can add 1d4 to hit. I made the custom effect and all but, can not find a way to make it appear in the combat tracker.

Thank you both in advance for the feedback/help!

I see. As Trenloe says FG can't test for whether a creature moves or not so this can't be automated. But it can be applied manually. To get the effect to appear on the CT, edit the NPC and add a new action for it; something like this will do.

No Move. If the creature does not move if does and extra 1d4 piercing damage

Damn those answer are fast. That is what i thought about doing just add another action with the bonus d4 but i like my stuff tidy and clean so it was plan B just wanted to make sure plan A was not possible. Well, maybe in FGU who knows.

Thank you both for your time and patience has i am building a whole mini MM you might see me again.

Why not just give it another attack with the +1d4 and label it something different?

Thread Information