STAR TREK 2d20

Tracking Spell and Channeling Usage...

I can't seem to convince FG to keep track of spells used or channel attempts used. My spellcasters have spells in their actions tab, and I can drop dice on monsters for the correct damage/saves, but it won't keep track of spells used up. Can't seem to make it do anything with channeling at all, and have created two spells (heal and damage) for when the right effect is warranted. My googlefu is also failing at finding me an answer. Would love a link to a tutorial or an explanation. I feel like the answer is super obvious and I'm looking right past it.Have the Official Paizo Pathfinder Core and Bestiary One. Thanks!

I'm not sure how far you've got, so don't know exactly what you're asking for.

In 3.5E/PFRPG uses of spells are not automatically checked off - the player has to check the spell or ability (e.g. channelling) after they have used it.

Assign the number of uses via the spell class uses per day, and via the "Preparation" mode - all on the actions tab.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah that's the problem. I've seen those checkoff dots before, and I can't seem to get my spellcasters to display them. I also can't seem to make things like the evoker's force missile ability show up at all. Here's a screenshot of my wizard.

WIZARD.png

Click the "Mode" display at the bottom - this will cycle through various options - "Preparation" being the one that shows all of your spells/abilities and allows you to click grey dots to the left to "prepare" a number of uses.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow that was easy. Thanks! Now how do I get channeling attempts to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by paladinpariah View Post
    Now how do I get channeling attempts to show up?
    Add it as a spell and then add uses through preparation.

It’s best to put things like channeling in another "spell" class (to hold things that aren’t spells) - call it something like abilities and give the spell class a lot of daily uses, then you’ll be able to add a right number of uses to each ability.

That's what I've been doing but changing it to something that isn't a spell will help keep my spells from getting mixed up with my channeling. Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paladinpariah View Post
    That's what I've been doing but changing it to something that isn't a spell will help keep my spells from getting mixed up with my channeling.
    Yep, create another spell class for stuff that isn't a spell.

Thread Information