STAR TREK 2d20

Naming effects on combat tracker

Sorry, I searched but I could not find how to have effects have a name on either the combat tracker (or the "Modifiers" or "Effects" windows.) I want something similar to the "Effects" windows which adds named effects. For example, the "Effects" windows can add a "Dazed" effect and it shows "Dazed" in the combat tracker as opposed to the actual effect text.

Or maybe there is a better way to do what I want. The reason I want this is due to the number of possible modifiers on characters attacks.

For example, a ranger could have all of these effects plus more: +1 attack for being quarry (Battlefield Experience), +1 attack for being closest to target (Prime Shot), +2 damage to quarry with combat advantage (Hunter's Advantage), +3 damage if weapon is cold (Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold), +2 attack (combat advantage), +2d6 damage (Hunter's Quarry), etc.

These can all be added to the combat tracker as their effects (e.g., "TRGT; ATK: 1 ranged" for Prime Shot), but then they are not named. Since each effect could vary on each attack, leaving each effect in the combat tracker makes sense and is then turned on or off by the player. However, having meaningful names for the effects instead of "TRGT; ATK: 1 ranged" or "DMG: 3 cold" makes it a lot easier to determine what is being turned on and off.

What's a recommended solution for this?

Just put the name up front, eg "Prime Shot; TRGT; ATK: 1 ranged". FG will ignore the text that means nothing in terms of effects.

Thank you. So really adding the ";" is what I needed and I did not know. Then it can go at the beginning or end. I kept trying to add text without the ";" and then the effect would not work. (I figured it was something simple, but I could not find the answer using a search.) Thanks again

Thread Information