DICE PACKS BUNDLE

UPnP Support in FG?

Are there any plans to add UPnP support to FG? Surely it would cut way down on the network connectivity issues...
    That's all for now...
    realistik

Whats UPnP?

Universal Plug'n'Play. It allows a UPnP-aware application to automatically set up the port-forwarding needed in your gateway, and removes the forwarding when you close the app.
    That's all for now...
    realistik

Like when you have a router?
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Yeah, like when you have a router. I myself, do not have a router, but plenty of routers have built in UPnP nowadays as I understand it.
    That's all for now...
    realistik

I think this would be a good idea but expect and hope it is not at the top of their list.

I set my IP to static and turned forwarding of port 1802 to the IP. Took 3 minutes. Done.

The reason I'd like to see this is so that I do not have to change the forwarding if I decide to use a different PC than normal. Having four in the house means I like to have flexibility in case someone is using my Media Center PC for something like watching a movie, etc.
    Announcing Longbeard Mountain. A place for gamers (particularly those using Fantasy Grounds) to discuss their games, share ideas, chronicle adventures and campaigns, and more.

[email protected]

Problem (almost) solved

Well, I finally solved my problem by writing an application that just connects to my UPnP server and adds the TCP1802 portmapping for me. The reason I did this was that no matter what, I could never get my manual forwarding (in linux) to work correctly. So much for those days..

The program I've written is currently still sitting in Visual Studio, where I'm working on it a little every day. When it's done, you'll be able to maintain a list of portmappings which you'll be able to turn on and off while the program's loaded.

If anyone's interested, I'll be sure to post a link in these forums when it's finished.
    That's all for now...
    realistik

Thread Information