STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Commercial Stockart Sale

If you like the style and need some stockart you can use for commercial products. Check out Fat Goblin Games' sale.

From their email;

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone!

So, I finished up vs. Dragons. I am really happy about it and I am excited to write some adventures for it and expand the rules - it was a lot of fun and you need to check it out, go read below. . . as I want to talk about something else for a second.
    Taylor Hubler is one of the Hoarde members, one of Fat Goblin Games freelancers. Several months ago he shared a post about his mother. A single mother, in her mid-50s with a 14-year old son. She has stage four breast cancer that metastasized to her bones. Her prognosis is less than three years. She can no longer work, and although they are trying every avenue possible to receive aid with home expenses (they rent) as well as food and medical, the area they are in does not have many options (or at least any that doesn't have a multi-year waiting list).

I tried multiple times to put something together to help her out, as I really wanted to (my grandmother passed away from cancer at almost the same age). . . but everything kept falling apart, and honestly, it has been a hard year. But, I had to do something. I want to do something. So, for the next few days, all my Stock Art is marked at a $1. All of it. And every dollar I make off this sale is going to go and help this family out. So, grab what you can. And if you can't, or if you own all of it, tell other people. Tell anyone that will listen. This is the last sale of the year - and it is for a great cause. So, please help out and let's see if we can make a really bad situation a little better.

https://www.rpgnow.com/browse/pub/3865/Fat-Goblin-Games

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This sounds interesting. A question from someone who is ignorant of these things.

What is Stockart? Just art on sale or something else?

Blog Entries
    Stockart is (professional) art that you can buy and use for commercial purposes. In general it's things that are generic in nature that you might want. Like a picture of several professionals around a conference table, or a picture of an engagement ring on a finger, etc. Stockart is opposed to commissioned art (which is when you get an artist to create an image to your specifications. Like 'a portrait of a half-elf fighter wearing silver breastplate holding a long sword and a buckler with green eyes...'.)

Their are different types of licenses for art and things. (First, I'm no expert or lawyer, so don't take what I say as legal advice or legally binding.) Stockart usually has a royalty free license. This means you pay once for the rights to use it, as opposed to a fee for every view or use of it, or a monthly/yearly fee etc.

All of these images come with a license that lets you use them as often and for as long as you want (except for re-packing them for re-sale). They are things like potion bottles, adventuring gear, weapons, shields, armor, portraits, adventuring figures, monsters, etc.

If you want to distribute things, for free or money, on places like this forum, RPGNow, DMsGuild, etc, then you need permission for any artwork or images you use. One way to do that is to buy stockart. This collection is aimed at roleplayers and the type of art they might want to use.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information