Crashing at Character Selection

As the title implies I am crashing as soon as I get to the character selection screen. The DM is using a custom ruleset, and we have verified that I can connect to him with the default ruleset enabled.

The problem is that I have downloaded his ruleset both from FG and directly from him, and still it crashes everytime. I am the only player that is having this problem. We are currently checking for the 24 bit PNG bug, but it hasn't helped either.

Has anyone else had this happen to them, and what can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

-DedmeetDM
    Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on.

Copying the ruleset directly and placing it in the folder will not help. You will need to let FG take care of the download. Some have expressed interest in being able to download and place rulesets there manually and we will at some point change the file comparison routines to allow it.

Regarding the crash, you can ignore the 24 bit PNG bug as it is not caused by the PNG files themselves. I would recommend uninstalling FG, deleting the folder and then reinstalling. This would narrow possible causes down quite a bit.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

ok I will try uninstalling it then.

Regarding getting the files from the DM...we tried letting FG get the files at first. And I was still getting the crash. I'll uninstall and hope for the best.

-DedmeetDM
    Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on.

Make sure you remove the directory after the uninstall.

rv

It sounds to me like you have a problem with the custom character sheet. I have had this problem before and it had to do with a line in the character_sheet.xml file that had a conflict with another line. What you need to do is to try to narrow down what line the problem resides. The first thing I would do is try to create a new character sheet. Does it crash on a new character sheet. If it does, I would go into the character_sheet.xml file and start taking out sections of the sheet (of course you should back everything up first). When you take out a section and it stops locking up, set your focus on that. If you want to zip up your ruleset and send it to me I will try to help you out.

Another possible cause may be changes to the rulset in conjunction with your data (particularly if other players are ok).

If it still crashes after reinstall get the dm to check the db.xml file. Looking for something in there that your character has which the others do not (things like a stringvalue or intvalue nodes that your character has data in but are blank for the other players, or a node with a duplicated id - not sure if that's possible but check for it anyway)

Of course, take backups of the db.xml file before making any changes to it

As a final resort you could remove your character from the db.xml and create again.

Hello again,

I am still having this problem. I uninstalled/reinstalled and I connected to the DM after doing so, but when all the players are in the game FG is still crashing on me.

Need some help getting this issue resolved, it getting frustrating. I appreciate any advice you all can give.

-DedmeetDM

Thread Information