5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It doesn't matter what your machine is. The main reason to buy via Smiteworks direct is that Steam doesn't get a cut of the sale price so Smitewoks benefit more from the sale. Otherwise it is exactly the same product.
    Ah. So it's still in wine skin?

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Ah. So it's still in wine skin?
    Yes, they are exactly the same product.

And, if you buy on the FG store, SmiteWorks sync your Ultimate license to Steam every few weeks, so you can activate on the product on Steam anyway (if that means anything to you).

The usual main reason for purchasing on Steam is that they can have different regional pricing models, so if you're not in the USA it might work out cheaper, or it might not...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks again. I might as well stick to the subscription option then.

Thanks again. I might as well stick to the subscription option then.
    If you want to keep paying month/month then I suppose so. Although you may want to consider the permanent license currently on sale...

What was your reason for thinking of moving to Steam from the subscription? Was it purely because you thought there was a native Mac version on Steam?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It was. I thought I would try out the subscription first, as I just wanted to try. Saw the Steam version and assumed it was a native mac app. A bit scary but I first started playing D&D 40 years ago and wanted to have a go again. With a few of my original group now dotted around the world, saw it as a great way to reconnect and have a bit of fun at the same time.

A bit scary but I first started playing D&D 40 years ago and wanted to have a go again. With a few of my original group now dotted around the world, saw it as a great way to reconnect and have a bit of fun at the same time.
    You're similar to a lot of people on this site, and most people don't regret it - and make new friends to game with as well. Don't be put off by running FG in Wine, sure there are a couple of extra hurdles involved, but it runs pretty well. There was a recent discussion by someone about how well it runs (sorry I can't find it off-hand) and the consensus from people who use FG on a Mac was that it runs pretty well.

But a mouse with scroll wheel and 2 buttons is almost essential I hear

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    But a mouse with scroll wheel and 2 buttons is almost essential I hear
    That's OK I do have one of those.

Thread Information