FG Spreadshirt Swag

Long or wide tokens

I'm guessing there's no support for wide or long tokens (ie: 1x4 or 2x4). Only square spaces are supported.

I'm looking to have space recognition for non-square units, at least of the rectangular variety. My use case involves space ships, and my players have 1x2 light cruiser. Prior they had a frigate which was simple, but in the future combats may involve heavy cruisers, battle ships and other lovely space objects.

The only way to achieve a non standard shape is to add the token directly onto the map from the tokens bag. The token would need to be rectangular and can be resized as necessary to fit the grid. However, obviously this token would not be available for proper targeting etc. If you can use the layers extension then clearly you can have a smaller token representing the spaceship on the top layer and have the spaceship token on one of the lower layers.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

FG Internally uses max(x,y) to create a square. Graphically it'll look like a rectangle but in terms of space and scale, it utilizes a square. I figured this out the hard way when my scale proportions functions started to act up and do strange things.

EDIT:

The defined space and squares are for targeting, as ships have firing arcs and depending on what you're targeting (if you're attacking) or defending, I'd need to measure to a specific square which is owned by the token. FG targets the center of the token then assumes a square in calculating the space the token occupies to get the 'nearest' square targeted. I can perform something similar to irregular shapes with a little bit of math accessing token geometry meta data. What I lose though is that it'll just target the nearest square 'owned' by the token rather than say targeting the engines. That meta data has to come form the token which is hit/miss if several tokens center points occupy the same coordinate.

The main thing is token overlays and other things that assume square tokens. The fact that I can't shape the token underlay is a bit bothersome unless someone knows a secret. I was trying to have it display firing arcs.
    Last edited by Ken L; December 18th, 2017 at 00:17.

Underlays can only be defined as squares.

Regards,
    JPG

This is just one example of many where an obvious feature request goes untouched for years and years (some are very old). Foundry is going to hand these guys their hats because they rested on their laurels. Im so glad I only got a monthly subscription instead of the full meal deal.

You necro'd an almost 3-year old thread just to insult the FG devs? Ok...
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    You necro'd an almost 3-year old thread just to insult the FG devs? Ok...
    Excellent observation.

Thread Information