STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 15 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Also when doing a Melee (Light) attack I have a weapon that does +3 damage. When I put in the damage for the weapon as 3 it calculates it not as a Brawn +3 + successes, but 3 + successes. Is this just an oversight with the new skill changes for Genesys? Or am I missing something like the 0.1 for encumbrance.
    Enter the total damage that the weapon does (before net successes) in the item entry. If the damage is Brawn +3 then do that calculation yourself and put it in the item damage entry once the weapon is added to the character.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Enter the total damage that the weapon does (before net successes) in the item entry. If the damage is Brawn +3 then do that calculation yourself and put it in the item damage entry once the weapon is added to the character.
    Ok that makes sense don't know why I didn't see that sooner. Thx

So If I wanted to go about making Libraries like one of the other guys did for Edge of the Empire. How would I do that? Right now I am having to put my spells in the section inventory and it's quite annoying.

So If I wanted to go about making Libraries like one of the other guys did for Edge of the Empire. How would I do that?
    You'd need to manually edit XML to create them. Have a look at the examples available here (both in that thread and in links to other threads): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ibrary-modules
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I got an XML editor called "XML Copy Editor" For some reason when I try to open the "Star Wars Player Library.mod" it says "Conversion encoding failed". I tried changing the end from .mod to .xml but it said the same thing.

So I got an XML editor called "XML Copy Editor" For some reason when I try to open the "Star Wars Player Library.mod" it says "Conversion encoding failed". I tried changing the end from .mod to .xml but it said the same thing.
    See information about module files here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...erview#Modules They are a compressed set of files in ZIP format, renamed to .mod. You'll need to rename to .zip and extract - or open the .mod directly in a ZIP application.

I went ahead and de-Star Wars'ed the UI. I used that GAP ui that ll00ll00ll00ll (aka Todd Stern) released for 5E. I also updated the symbols to match the Genesys ones. It came out OK. If you want the image files of the dice symbols, let me know Trenloe and I will send them to you.

Screenie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Datalore View Post
    I went ahead and de-Star Wars'ed the UI. I used that GAP ui that ll00ll00ll00ll (aka Todd Stern) released for 5E. I also updated the symbols to match the Genesys ones. It came out OK. If you want the image files of the dice symbols, let me know Trenloe and I will send them to you.

Screenie.jpg
    That looks really cool.

I really don't have much interest in maintaining a Genesys extension. You're welcome to take the one in post #1 of this thread and add to it.

So I am having to learn about what goes where and have pretty much got it figured out except on how to do a Carriage return and tables. People online keeps saying its done using 
 for carriage returns but I tried that and it does seem to work.

Info on creating tables in Formatted Text fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields If you're trying to do rollable tables these don't exist in the ruleset as it was developed before they were available in FG (CoreRPG v3).

Where are you trying to do a carriage return? Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post224831
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 19th, 2017 at 23:31.

Thread Information