STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 15 First ... 412131415 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See known issues here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post210570. If the module you have is not encrypted, you can rename the image node to images in the module XML - make a copy of the module so that it doesn’t get overwritten in updates, and change the module name in the definition.xml file).

There is a long term goal to migrate the Star Wars EotE ruleset to be layered on top of CoreRPG, but this is a massive task and is currently a low priority among the community developers involved.
    So the modules I bought are not showing up in the modules folder. Does that mean they are encrypted?

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So the modules I bought are not showing up in the modules folder. Does that mean they are encrypted?
    Sounds like it. To confirm - there is a code at the bottom of the store page for each product. If there is a .dat file with that name in the FG vault directory, the it’s encrypted.

The best you can do is, for your own use only, take screenshots of the maps in another ruleset campaign and save those screenshots as files for use in a Star Wars campaign. Not ideal, I know, but that’s the option at present I’m afraid.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Accessing maps from uncompatible modules

So, this is a complete faff, but if you *really* want maps from other, non Star Wars ruleset compatible modules, to be able to be opened in a Star Wars campaign, this is what you can do:

1. Create a new campaign with a ruleset that is compatible with the map modules you want to open.
    2. Create a new Story Entry - call it something like "Map Links for <whatever module it's from>"
    3. Drag/Drop links from the Maps & Images list of your original module, to the new story entry you've just created. This will create a list of links to the maps.
    4. Export to a module. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export enter a File name and module name. Select "Story" from the "Exported Data" list. Click the "Export" button.
    5. Go to the <FG App Data>\modules directory and open your newly exported module (change to .zip extension if you need to).
    6. Edit definition.xml and change <ruleset>...</ruleset> (... is the name of the ruleset that created the module) to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>
    7. Edit db.xml and change: 1) the <encounter> ... </encounter> section tags to <stories> .. </stories> 2) Do a find/replace - find: class="imagewindow" replace with: class="image"
    8. Save the two edited files an re-package your module.
    9. Open up a Star Wars EotE campaign and open your new map links module. Also open up any modules you used to create the links in step #3 above - if these modules are not tagged as ruleset "any" then you can use the Universal Modules extension to open then in a Star Wars campaign.
    10. Go to the Story campaign data list in the sidebar, click on the tab at the bottom (it will have a tooltip of the module name you used in step #4) and open the Map Links story entry. Click on the link you want to open...

It's a bit of a faff to do this, once you've tried it a couple of times it only takes a few minutes - and you can keep the campaign you create in step #1 and go back to it to create more links and export to a module.

Here's an example of some maps from Pathfinder's Mummy's Mask:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 18th, 2019 at 05:53.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is awesome thanks for the help.

Hey guys !

For those who want to extend the SW RPG dicebox with Genesys buttons for the players to add automatic success, failures, advantage, and threat to their dice pools, you can use the Genesys Dicebox Extension
    It is a simple update that makes Shikage's original star wars extension compliant with the Datalore's Clena UI Genesys extension

As you can see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5&d=1549645333, nothing fancy, just a quality of life addon to help with talents, ...

Thanks to the original authors for the code and graphic resources
    Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll be running a beginner game tonight on fantasy grounds and discord if anyone is interested in learning the narrative dice system or how fantasy grounds runs this system.

I am having trouble sharing modules. On my end I moved the check mark over but to allow them to use it, but on their end when they open the modules it shows the module I am sharing and has a check mark and a spiderweb icon and its grayed out. They can't click on it or do anything with it. I am I missing something. I am using the star wars ruleset.

*Edit Nevermind I figured it out. It was opening and closing when clicking on the spider web. I just there would be some visual que letting me now it was open.
    Last edited by sevrick; February 25th, 2019 at 22:20.

*Edit Nevermind I figured it out. It was opening and closing when clicking on the spider web.
    Known issue - logged here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post210570

I just there would be some visual que letting me now it was open.
    Have the library window open at the same time - you'll see the module there if it's open.

I'd like to replace the starwars fonts in sheets with genesys fonts. I understand I need to convert into fgf files, but how do I locate the original starwars fgf files to be able to replace with genesys fonts?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifett View Post
    I'd like to replace the starwars fonts in sheets with genesys fonts. I understand I need to convert into fgf files, but how do I locate the original starwars fgf files to be able to replace with genesys fonts?
    Font files are in the ruleset - in the graphics\fonts directory.

If you're going to be doing any conversion, I'd recommend extracting the original ruleset onto your hard drive somewhere, and then use search functionality for file names, and a good text editor with "find in files" functionality - this will allow you to search for files easily, and also find all references to those files in the ruleset.

Have you looked at the clean UI extension for Genesys? This replaces a lot of the SW fonts - it's available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post369271

Thread Information