DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 15 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Quick question. I have been working on a module library and I have to test it often and it is a pain to repackage it up every time I want to test it. Is there a way for FG to read a folder like it does for extensions?
    Yes.
    It should be placed in \modules and it will be read the same way
    eg
    \modules\ForceHappens\db.xml

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yes.
    It should be placed in \modules and it will be read the same way
    eg
    \modules\ForceHappens\db.xml
    Oh my gosh that is so much better thank you.

Since I am doing a Pathfinder Setting conversion to Genesys, I was wondering if the current version of FG for this ruleset is able to use the identify and unidentified option for items. Is that core only or was that option just removed from the star wars ruleset because it wasn't needed.

Since I am doing a Pathfinder Setting conversion to Genesys, I was wondering if the current version of FG for this ruleset is able to use the identify and unidentified option for items.
    That functionality is ruleset dependent, not in the base FG application. It wasn't a thing when the WFRP3 ruleset was developed, which is what the Star Wars ruleset is based on, and so identification of anything is not in the Star Wars: EotE ruleset.

Is that core only or was that option just removed from the star wars ruleset because it wasn't needed.
    I rarely, if ever, remove any generic base functionality from a ruleset - only things that specifically clash with the RPG system in particular.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there any plans to add the automatic successes and advantage feature that is found in the Star Wars Ruleset to the Genesys Extension?

Is there any plans to add the automatic successes and advantage feature that is found in the Star Wars Ruleset to the Genesys Extension?
    The extension is built on top of the Star Wars ruleset, and so it inherits most functionality from there. So I'm not sure what you're referring to that is in the Star Wars ruleset, but isn't there when running this extension? Can you provide an example please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh my bad. I just figured out that the reason that the auto success wasn't available. I didn't have the "Star Wars RPG Dice Block Extension" checked. *Face Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The extension is built on top of the Star Wars ruleset, and so it inherits most functionality from there. So I'm not sure what you're referring to that is in the Star Wars ruleset, but isn't there when running this extension? Can you provide an example please?
    If i'm not mistaken, the die box updates with star war's symbols and not genesys' unfortunately...
    Am i doing something wrong here ?

FYI loaded .ext are:
    - Clean UI(genesys)
    - Genesys SW extension
    - Star Wars RPG Dicebox extension
    and obviously the EOTE ruleset

EDIT: temporary working fix for my urgent need
    - copy/paste the relevant icons only (including directory path) from "Clean UI Genesys Ext\graphics\dice\dSummary" into the diceboxextension
    - seems that <loadorder> has no effect

not really sure if it's the way to go, but works for me
    Last edited by bigjip; February 8th, 2019 at 16:42.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjip View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, the die box updates with star war's symbols and not genesys' unfortunately...
    Am i doing something wrong here ?

FYI loaded .ext are:
    - Clean UI(genesys)
    - Genesys SW extension
    - Star Wars RPG Dicebox extension
    and obviously the EOTE ruleset
    Don't load the Star Wars RPG Dicebox extension - this is designed specifically for Star Wars and is clashing with the Clean UI (Genesys) extension.

really ?
    Is there an equivalent with the genesys extension to achieve the same auto advantage/sucess etc in the die box?

so far it works for me though (after adding relrevant resources in the relative path in the SW RPG Dicebox extension)
    Screenshot_2.png

Thread Information