DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 15 First ... 31112131415 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you're willing - please reach out to the creators of those two extensions (as you're using their code and their graphics) and ask them if it's OK to post your extension on the forums.
    update: I received permission to use the graphics from Datalore, but no news (mailed on the 8th) from Shikage, the extension author.
    @Trenloe, what do you recommend here?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjip View Post
    update: I received permission to use the graphics from Datalore, but no news (mailed on the 8th) from Shikage, the extension author.
    @Trenloe, what do you recommend here?
    Shikage appears to be active on the forums, so they may not have noticed the PM or got around to replying.

I’d send them another PM, just saying that you intend to use their publicly released code (and that you’ll recognise that you’ve used their code in the extension) and you’re letting them know out of politeness. They can ask you in future to remove their code if they have an issue. I doubt they will, but this is all about respecting other people’s community development.

Thanks for doing all of this!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I have bought some generic fantasy map packs and I cant use them with the SW Rule set. Are there plans to update so we can use those map packs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So I have bought some generic fantasy map packs and I cant use them with the SW Rule set. Are there plans to update so we can use those map packs?
    Why can't you use them? And what specific map packs?

IF the map packs are setup as FG modules and use the All tag for rulesets, then you should be able to use them. But, if they are not FG modules or use the wrong ruleset tag, then you won't be able to use them without changes.

But, if you tell use what products you are talking about and what you mean by being able to use them, we can provide more assistance.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Joshua Watmough map packs for starters. You can find them on the Fantasy Grounds DLC Page. I can't use them be cause when I load them up and click on it nothing happens. I can unpack the module but when I try to open it from the library nothing happens.

Blog Entries
    In your campaign, go to Library > Modules, load the map pack.
    Go to Images/Maps icon on the right side. Pull down the filter for the module. See the images now?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    In your campaign, go to Library > Modules, load the map pack.
    Go to Images/Maps icon on the right side. Pull down the filter for the module. See the images now?
    I don't know what you are talking about with the Pull down filter. This is the FFG Star Wars Rule Set I am using there is no such thing. When I click on the images & Maps buton you see in the screen, it does nothing. I even checked the Images and Maps tab and there is nothing there. This is what I see.
    Pic 1.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    See known issues here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post210570. If the module you have is not encrypted, you can rename the image node to images in the module XML - make a copy of the module so that it doesn’t get overwritten in updates, and change the module name in the definition.xml file).

There is a long term goal to migrate the Star Wars EotE ruleset to be layered on top of CoreRPG, but this is a massive task and is currently a low priority among the community developers involved.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Still waiting for an answer on the second mail to shikage, if none received I will post the code tomorrow eod

On the ruleset subject, I can easily understand the ramifications of the star wars ip, what about priorising the generic genesys version ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjip View Post
    On the ruleset subject, I can easily understand the ramifications of the star wars ip, what about priorising the generic genesys version ?
    Converting the ruleset to be layered on top of CoreRPG is not impacted by IP - and, as an aside, Genesys IP is also copyright protected. The low priority is due to the huge amount of work involved to convert a usable ruleset (there’s some minor issues and missing CoreRPG functionality, but it’s completely usable) to be layered on top of CoreRPG.

Thread Information