STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 15 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Ok thanks, so the message box issues is fixed but crits are still not being applied to vehicles. I click and drag them on to the ships critical space but as before nothing happens.
    *edit
    Also for some odd reason it freezes when using masking and reviling an area. I tried it without any critical text extensions and it still freezes and have to manualy close it through task manager.
    *edit
    ok freeze seems to be an unrelated issue. Sorry. Had something to do with the picture I load in FG.
    Last edited by sevrick; September 23rd, 2018 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I click and drag them on to the ships critical space but as before nothing happens.
    Don't drag the critical dice to the end critical entry fields - just drag it to the PC sheet in general, or the entry in the combat tracker. The actual critical record section of the sheet expects an end critical record to be dragged, not the start of the critical dice rolling process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok thanks for your help. It's all running smoothly.

Is it possible to reference images and pack them with the module

For example if I want to add an image library for weapons or ships and add it the descriptions as a link. If so what would be the code used for it?

Also is there something similar to Expanded Fantasy Language Fonts that is compatible with the genesys ruleset?

Thanks
    Last edited by sevrick; September 28th, 2018 at 23:08.

Is it possible to reference images and pack them with the module

For example if I want to add an image library for weapons or ships and add it the descriptions as a link. If so what would be the code used for it?
    You should be able to do this from within a campaign and then /export everything to a module.

Also is there something similar to Expanded Fantasy Language Fonts that is compatible with the genesys ruleset?
    Nope. And there won’t be until the Star Wars ruleset is converted to layer on top of CoreRPG, or someone else writes a language extension for it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You should be able to do this from within a campaign and then /export everything to a module.
    Well I ran a test to see if it would work and the exported module doesn't allow me to see images. When I unpack the module I created nothing shows up in the library. I think I remember a similar problem earlier. I couldn't open any of the maps I bought.

Well I ran a test to see if it would work and the exported module doesn't allow me to see images. When I unpack the module I created nothing shows up in the library.
    Campaign data doesn't appear in the library - they appear in the campaign data lists. Click the buttons on the right of the desktop to access campaign data. For modules, there will be category tabs along the bottom that correspond to data groups or modules. Click these to access the module data.

See the screenshot here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...aign_Data_List and the information in the next section "Categories".

I think I remember a similar problem earlier. I couldn't open any of the maps I bought.
    You won't be able to view maps in modules created for rulesets other than Star Wars EotE without editing the module XML. They use different naming conventions within the data.

So am putting together a library of all things Genesys. The structure is as such:

>Index
    ->All Talents

>Fantasy
    ->Fantasy Talents table

>Modern
    ->Modern Talents table
    etc..

I am trying to put all the actual talents in the index section and use tables from the different settings to reference them in tables with links, instead of making duplicates. I noticed you have made a such a structure for the weapons "<classname type="string">reference_weapontablelist</classname>"
    Did you make a similar table for talents that I could reference. Logically I would assume it would be labeled as "<classname type="string">reference_talenttablelist</classname>" if it was there.

I am not expecting you to edit your ruleset just for this functionality but do you know a way I could accomplish this? Thought about reverse engineering, so to speak, a solution by copying the code in the "ref_equipment_lists.xml" and adjust the lengths of the columns appropriately, but it seems a little daunting.

Thanks.

Does the current version that uses fantasy grounds save the locations of the tokens on the map? I just exported everything and for some reason they don't show where I placed them when unpacking it into a different campaign.

Does the current version that uses fantasy grounds save the locations of the tokens on the map? I just exported everything and for some reason they don't show where I placed them when unpacking it into a different campaign.
    Fantasy Grounds doesn't save tokens to the map when exporting to a module. It's not a ruleset specific thing.

Thread Information