STAR TREK 2d20

Tablet version forum???

Is there a thread specifically answering/talking about possibilities of a tablet version of fantasy grounds?

I use an iPad Pro in the place of a laptop because its all I've needed. Though I have started to us FG for my DM'ing needs as for me, its so much more convenient at organizing all my DM needs. Having my campaign info integrated is a huge plus.

Currently I connect to my Desktop with splashtop, a remote access app that I can use to connect to my desktop from anywhere as long as I have a internet connection. This allows me to use FG from a far. Of course, doing it this way has its limitations sense it is not tablet based in controls. The system I have does ok for now.

Is there any hope for a tablet version in the future at this time???

Blog Entries
    There are no definite plans for a tablet version (as far as public statements go).
    The Unity build is hoping to deliver native Windows, Linux and Mac/OSX versions.
    iPad, Android and XBox/Console have been hinted at but nothing more.
    As you point out there are UI changes required to make those other platforms work well and a UI change is not trivial.

I use a PC for my game but I have a couple of long distant friends that don't own pcs only tablets and I miss playing with them. I hope one day I can send them the FGU app for their tablets.

I have some friends connect to my DM sessions using shockingly bad hardware.

I wouldn’t use there laptops for door stops. And can only be the price of a iPad charge cable to buy from eBay.

If you are sparing with lighting then I have found FGU performs OK.

You don’t have to have a gaming device as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    I have some friends connect to my DM sessions using shockingly bad hardware.

I wouldn’t use there laptops for door stops. And can only be the price of a iPad charge cable to buy from eBay.

If you are sparing with lighting then I have found FGU performs OK.

You don’t have to have a gaming device as a player.
    I agree. I wish I could convince them.

Thread Information